Chapter 3: Contract

Your POV

I opened my eyes to see a place full of Glaze lilies. " Good Morning, Guizhong. " I heard a man's voice said and saw a man facing towards me. I then looked confusingly at him.

" Uh. You must be mistaken, but I'm— " I tried to speak, but no words came out of my mouth.

" Good Morning, Morax. " I involuntarily said.

' So this is the god of geo? ' I thought to myself as I slowly tried to see his face, but couldn't. I noticed he has a thorn-like thingy on his head. I then remembered Rex Lapis to be a dragon.

I then noticed my reflection on a puddle, my eyes widen to see that this isn't me...

' Am I dreaming? ' I asked myself.

" Morax, a lot of people of Liyue are complaining about the creatures lurking around. " Another voice said, it was a woman.

" Yes, I am quite informed about that matter. " Morax said to the woman.

" As the geo archon and the god of contract, your words had to be your bond. " The woman continued.

" I know, Cloud Retainer. " Morax said and I just chuckled, again involuntarily.

' Cloud Retainer? An Adeptus? ' I asked myself again.

" Don't worry! I'll go with you! Let us terminate those pests! " I chimed, then Morax looked at me with a warm smile. I can't see his eyes! But his smiles are very familiar.

" Thank you, Guizhong. Let us go then " He said and we both stood up and left the Cloud Retainer.

' I have so many questions, Rex Lapis... ' I thought to myself. I desperately wanted to speak and ask him, but I just couldn't.

" To cleanse the land and defend our safe Harbor, that was the first contract in Liyue. " He said, making my eyes widen.

I then immediately woke up, sweating and my heart pounding. " You're finally awake. " A familiar voice said, I then started to look around.

" Why have you brought me here!? Where am I!? " I asked Zhongli with a threatening tone. As he gently pours some water on a vase with a Glaze Lily.

" Uhh... Is that the Glaze Lily I gave you? " I asked him, he then looked at me and chuckled.

" Yes. It's raining outside, and you fainted. So I had to bring you in. " He explained.

" Oh, I'm so sorry... I wasn't feeling very well at that time... " I told him and he nodded.

" I noticed as well... I brewed some tea for you, this might probably help. " He told me, left the room, and closed the door.

I took this as an opportunity to escape, I opened the window and it was indeed raining so heavily and it's so high for me to climb down.

I immediately went to the door and slowly opened it, I looked around for a while to see no one so I slowly creeped my way out the hall.

" And where do you think you're going, Lady (y/n)? " A voice said. I just sighed and turned around to see it's the Fatui Harbinger from earlier...

He smiled at me, I looked at him in disgust. He was slowly approaching me. " Don't get near me Fatui. " I told him, his eyes then widen with a grin on his face.

" A vision, huh? Would you like to test your skills on me? " He said as he aimed his bow and arrow at me, I just stood and glared at him.

" Oh? You're angry? I can see the dust floating all around you. Please don't make me sneeze. " He said and shoot the arrow when Zhongli immediately stood in front of me and shielded me from it without spilling a single drop of the tea.