☁ 37 ☁

"where is jaemin?!" the head yelled at shotaro that had been called to his office again. "WHERE THE HELL IS HE?!"

shotaro gulped, trying to think about an answer the quickest possible.

"w-what do you m-mean? isn't he in his g-grey cloud?" he stammered.

"his cloud is EMPTY! no jaemin. he vanished."

"i didn't kn- "

"cut your bullshit shotaro. if someone did it, it has to be you!" the head slammed his hand on the table.

"h-huh..."

"tell me shotaro. why did you do that?!"

"he didn't do it." a voice cut their conversation. "i did."

shotaro turned on his heels slowly, lettion out a sigh of relief when he saw who was standing there.

"sungchan?" the head furrowed his brows. "what are you doing here?"

"you are not going to accuse shotaro for something i did."

"i have no proof that it was you- "

"as if you had something against shotaro!"

the head glared at sungchan for a while.

"shotaro did nothing." sungchan spoke again.

"but..." shotaro tried to intervene.

"nothing!" sungchan repeated, looking at shotaro deep in the eye to shut him up.

shotaro lowered his head and nodded obediently.

the head rose to his feet, his two fists on the table.

"shotaro wanted to send jaemin back to renjun and jeno. it seems logical to think that he freed jaemin."

sungchan chuckled.

"he did it and he will be punished for that!"

"he is innocent!" sungchan slammed his fist on the desk.

the head looked at him, surprised by this sudden outburst.

"and why would you do that? if we consider you did it."

"you took my best friend's identity away. an angel shouldn't have his wings cut. and yet, you did it to him. can you imagine how bad he might feel?!"

"he broke the most important law, and you know it!" the head fought back.

"there are other ways to punish someone than cutting his wings!"

sungchan was red from anger. he was ready to launch at the man and strangle him to death, first for cutting jaemin's wings, and then for blaming shotaro.

"you are a monster. the angel people believe in you."

"and they were okay with jaemin's wings being removed since he is an incompetent angel who broke our most important law."

"he is far from being an incompetent angel." shotaro intervened for the first time.

the head raised a brow. "you were saying?"

"jaemin finished his mission as a human. he didn't need his wings to fulfil it. this proves he is the best angel out here. even deprived of his attributes, he kept doing the mission that he had been given as an angel. and he fulfilled it!"

"do you realise you just said that you helped him going back down there?" the head asked.

"i don't care. we did it together." shotaro told.

"what you did is completely horrible and unfair." sungchan added.

"too bad. but now, it is your turn."

shotaro shivered at the thought of losing his own wings. he had always been the most obedient angel. what had made him go to the point he could lose his wings?

while shotaro stressed out, sungchan smirked and let out a chuckle.

"what are you planning to do?" he asked.

"cut your wings. you don't deserve to be angels."

"i wonder what you'll tell your people... that two other angels got their wings cut for helping the first one fulfilling his mission? not a plausible reason to cut someone's wings..."

the head froze. he hadn't thought about that.

"in fact... such an accusation could make you lose your job." sungchan's smirk widened.

"i could always say you disrespected the rules! this is a valid reason to cut someone's wings!"

"yeah, and once our wings will be cut, we could tell the humans about the existence of angels..."sungchan smiled. "what is there to lose? we won't be angels anymore..."

"no one will believe you!"

"oh... i know some humans who will believe me, and those won't refrain from spreading the rumour..."

the head's eyes darkened as he muttered an 'asshole' at sungchan, making the teen laugh.

"so... you have one solution left if you want everything to go the right way..."

the head breathed in slowly, trying to calm his anger.

he had just been defeated by a teenager angel...

"you thank us for allowing jaemin to finish his mission and you don't tell anyone about him disappearing from the grey clouds."

"is that all?" the head sighed in annoyance.

"well..." sungchan looked at shotaro and brough him close, passing an arm over his shoulders. "we also expect a little reward..."