𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 10 │︎♚︎

"You made me smile so effortlessly that all the Clowns and Jesters doubted their talents."

-author

Syfas

I held her soft little hands and let her walk across the flat road, little rose insisted that she walk rather than be carried by me. I hope her feet won't hurt.

We entered the olf-fashioned diner with a ding of a bell, it was packed, to say the least, but as soon as the people sensed my presence, they all froze in their place and noticeably bowed their heads. However, the little rose beside me was completely oblivious to their actions and gazed around sweetly at the neon decorations.

'Don't call me King nor bow' I mind-linked the supernaturals whose faces became pale at my order. I could sense the fear and confusion roll off of them in waves. Probably wondering who the little angel beside me was.

'Continue'. That one word initiated a series of conversations between the people, not one dared to utter my name though.

'Are we that scary?' Devil asked.

"Yes."

A stuttering timid young boy approached us, gripping tightly to the notepad in his hand as if it would drop at any second. "C-can I s-show you to y-your seats?" He was about to bow but stopped himself, his eyes searched for a focal object but couldn't seem to find one.

I was about to reply when a lilting voice stopped me. "Yes please." She replied and I hummed in an enchantment. She gripped on tighter to my arm as we were being shown to our seats. I think I could've wrapped my arm around hers thrice!

'So tiny and cute' Devil admired.

"What would you like to order,
little rose?" I asked after the scared boy hurried off. She furrowed her brows and a small pout played on her lips as she concentrated on the menu.

"Hmm." She thought deeply and used a finger to tap her lips. "Noodles please." She smiled and slapped the menu shut.

I called over a waiter and ordered for the both of us, she managed to convince me to get her a fizzy drink, now that I think about it I don't think it's such a good idea.

"She had about five cookies!"

'So?!' Devil argued.

"She might get high off of it or something!"

'Whatever my mate wants, my mate gets.'

"And you called me a whipped bitch"

'Oh I'm a whipped bitch, I'm just proud enough to admit it whereas you aren't.'

"Syfas?" An angelic sound brought me back into reality. A fucking wonderful reality where I have my little beauty in the chair opposite me.

"Yes?"

"Can we play 21 questions?" She requested, resting her head in her hands.

"Of course, ask away"

"What's your full name?"

"Syfas Steel." I reply with pride, I'm proud to be where I am today, making a name for yourself is not easy. "Yours?"

"Kyra Ambers"

Adorable

"What's your favourite colour?" I ask.

She remained silent for a moment, answering each question with a thorough thought process. "My favourite colour changes all the time, but right now... it's periwinkle!" She pointed over to the exact shade she was talking about, over by the fountain in the middle of the restuarant.