⇢ CHAPTER 69

season 9 episode 24

PART ONE ; THE CRASH

Tasked with taking inventory for the oncoming storm, Holly clicked the pen on her right hand as her eyes glanced over the items in front of her before writing down the numbers on the clipboard in her other hand. 

Humming lightly to herself, Holly grew oblivious to the noise of the door opening and closing before her boyfriend's voice filled her ears, "Holly--"

"Did you hear?" Holly began with a chuckle as she wrote down another number, not turning back to see who it was as she could tell it was Jackson from his voice, "Meredith's water broke and she's going to give--" Holly turned around to see Jackson, standing in front of her with his clothes completely soaked, "I-- Jackson," She took a step forward as the lights above them continued to flicker, "what happened?"

"Nothing." Jackson shook his head, almost too embarrassed to admit he had been caught in the rain Holly warned him about, "I went to Joe's bar and figured since we'd be stuck here we could have a date and I got caught in the rain."

Holly's eyes softened as she stared up at him before handing him a dry towel on her left, "Jackson--"

"I got fries." Jackson announced, holding up a bag Holly hadn't noticed was in his hand before she grabbed it and smiled at him, her eyes filled with pure love before she reminded herself she needed to finish taking inventory.

"I, uh, there's a spare set of attending scrubs in my office-- you can change there, I'll finish up here, and we can have our date." Holly planned with a nod before she took a step forward, went on the tips of her toes to plant a kiss on his cheek, and walk back to where she originally was to write down more numbers.

Jackson chuckled at his girlfriend before quirking a brow, "Really--?"

"Of course." Holly smiled as she looked at him, "And I don't plan on missing it for anything."

The laughs and chuckles that previously filled and bounced around the room quickly fell to a halt as the lights that once illuminated Holly's office were now gone. With a nervous glance around the room before looking forward, Holly squinted, "I swear, Jackson, if you reach out and scare me, I'm gonna-- ah!" 

Jackson howled with laughter as Holly glared at him in the dark, not appreciating how he had grabbed a hold of her ankle out of nowhere, "I'm sorry." He chuckled and Holly eventually joined him, seeing the humor while also being upset, "It wasn't an idea in my mind until you said it!"

"I hate you." Holly attempted to say seriously before she laughed, making the room fill with more laughter before Holly paused, catching Jackson's attention immediately.

He quirked a brow, "Holl?"

"The power should be back on by now." Holly muttered as she frowned her brows and looked outside her window onto the hallway of the hospital, "The backup generator must be off or something." The second Jackson's pager went off, Holly jumped at the unexpected noise.