13: Tamaki vs. Bakugo

Sorry that this is so late! I kinda lost motivation. Happy New Year! Also, I changed how Tamaki's quirk works because, well, story. It's not very different. Just one little aspect. Hope you enjoy it!

This can't turn out well. Was the collective thought of the class as the two opposing personalities faced each other, one with hard eyes and the others covered by their hair (purposefully).

"I feel bad for Tamaki," Mina whispered to Hagakure, who agreed. "Going up against Bakugo of all people."

Kirishima, who was in earshot, turned to her. "What do you mean?"

"Um, not in a bad way." She clarified. "He just doesn't seem like he could stand up for himself."

Kirishima paused, before grinning. "No." He said, turning back to the arena as the fight was about to start. "I've seen him in action myself. He'll do just fine!" He gave both of his friends on the stage fond looks.

Before Mina could respond, Aizawa's firm voice had already called out the magic word.

"Fight."

The younger of the two students immediately jumped into action, his palms lighting up in orange and yellow as he launched across the area and his blue gym uniform ruffling in the air.

Tamaki flinched, only slightly, at the loud noise, but stoned himself. If he wanted to win, he'd have to push back his anxiety and get serious. He wasn't a member of the Big Three for nothing, right!

"Get ready to die bastard!" Bakugo yelled, a smirk on his face as usual.

Tamaki had prepared before the training, so he already had multiple animal parts at his disposal, including one that he'd been training with for a while.

He unleashed octopus tentacles from his fingers (after taking off his gloves), shooting them at Bakugo, who was above him, at high speeds. A sharp glint at the end warned Bakugo that he'd put something dangerous at the end, that being clam shells twisted into points.

He dodged from side to side, avoiding the appendages easily.

Realizing that this wasn't going to work by itself, SunEater prepared another attack, raising his other hand to have double the damage.

Bakugo tried to dodge these as well but was having some difficulty. He wasn't precise enough in the air, so ended up getting a cut on his cheek. He hissed, glaring at Tamaki.

"Tch! Die!!!" He screamed, aiming one of his hands towards him. Tamaki only had a second to put up a shield before a medium-sized explosion came rocketing at his face, the heat almost burning his skin.

"You're backs open, dumbass!" He heard his opponent yell as he tried to clear his eyes of the residue of the blast.

Bakugo flipped through the air, behind Tamaki in a second. Another burst of intense heat hit him, but he stayed quiet. Bakugo was confused momentarily before he saw the rough skin under the now partially torn costume. It resembled rock, almost like...

"Kirishima Style!" The third-year announced, his whole body covered in a hard protective coating.

He'd been working on this defense for months now. He'd realized it during the raid, that he could make minerals, as well as other organic substances. He'd swallowed a crystal made by the quirk of one of the Hasaiki gang members, allowing him to sprout the same thing all over his body. He'd been training to control it better and had finally completed it about 2 weeks ago. He only had to swallow a pebble beforehand, not an enjoyable experience, but it was worth it. The name seemed like an obvious choice to him. He wanted to give recognition to his underclassmen, who he admired greatly (though not as much as Mirio).

Kirishima, on the sidelines, looked touched. "Go, dude!" He cheered, "manly" tears in his eyes. "So manly!

Bakugo grumbled. "That won't stop me! I beat Shitty Hair and I'll beat you too!"

Landing on the ground finally, he threw a punch at his superior, which was dodged and countered by one to his stomach. The hardened fist hit him hard, and the breath was knocked out of him. He stumbled slightly backward, having to take a second to breathe.

"Your quirk is amazing." Tamaki complimented quietly. "Being able to release nitroglycerin like it's sweat. Too bad it gets everywhere."

"Hah?!" Bakugo questioned, already accumulating a larger explosion.

Tamaki lifted up one of his hardened arms, the one he'd just punched with. It was sprinkled in a somewhat slimy substance, thicker than sweat by a good bit. Cringing slightly, he licked it off his hand, swallowing it quickly.

"What the fuck?!" Bakugo questioned, looking somewhat grossed out, along with the audience. Tamaki looked embarrassed but wasn't backing down. Once again he held up his hands, his palms instead of his fingers. Clear fluid erupted from them, and Bakugo launched himself to the side. His hands sparked violently as his shoes were covered.

"So he's using my own quirk against me huh?" He mumbled angrily.

Again a stream of ooze came out of his hands, splashing onto the floor and Bakugo's pant legs and some of his shirt.

Fuck! He though. If I set off a blast now, it could send half my body to hell! I've gotta be careful. This would be a lot easier if I had my gauntlets. Curse this fucking gym uniform!

Tamaki's plan was going accordingly. I may be able to project nitroglycerin out of my body, but that's only half of Bakugo's quirk. I still can't ignite it. If I can't do that, then it's useless. By forcing him to either not use his explosions, or to risk blowing up half his body, I don't have to.

Not having any more time to waste, he launched more tentacles at him, also covered in rock plating.

Bakugo decided that it wasn't worth the risk of trying to use his quirk, so could only fight hand-to-hand. Well, that wasn't really an option, now that he was being held at tentacle length away.

He learned quickly that dodging and punching them wasn't very effective, and he could barely stop himself from being captured by them and inevitably thrown out of bounds.

"Like I'd go down that easily!" Katsuki yelled, his anger rising as more of his options were shut down. Jumping backward and away, he raised his hand. Tamaki's eyes widened.

"I-I don't think that's a good idea!" He stuttered, worried that he was actually going to badly hurt himself.

"Shut it! Even if it's just training, it doesn't matter! I'm still going to win!" He retorted. Sparks crackled like sparklers in his palms, a visible amount of sweat forming in them. "Say goodbye!"

Hopefully, this doesn't backfire on me. He thought, right as a huge explosion shot from his palms, making them ache slightly and pushing him back. He lost sight of his opponent, who was swallowed up by the fire, but he couldn't focus on that.

"Argh! Fuck!" He screamed, but it was drowned out by another series of explosions, this time going off all over his body. His skin was accustomed to heat because of his quirk, he wouldn't be able to use it otherwise, but it didn't make him immune to the shock and force that threw him backward.

The ears of the class were ringing in the silence that followed the cacophony of noise, everyone holding their breath as the smoke cleared. On one end, a battered and burned Tamaki was leaning up against the wall panting and tentatively trying to get up. On the other, it was the same story. Half of Bakugo's shirt and pants were completely burned off, but he seemed less burned because of his tolerance to it. He was on the floor, small cracks webbing the wall behind him.

"Both students are out of bounds. It's a draw." Aizawa announced.

Sorry I cut this short! I just really wanted to get this out on time! Sorry for changing how Tamaki's quirk works again. Cya!