Chapter 25

Draco didn't realize what was wrong with his mate until it was too late.

For some reason Hayden was showing signs of having Veela traits.

Draco remembered something similar to what Hayden was going though now happened to him also when he received his inheritance, although not as severe as the boy before him.

Either way, it was safe to assume that he didn't recognize Draco as his mate at that moment, and because of that Hayden probably felt as though he had to protect himself.

Unfortunately, Draco realized this all only a second too late as he felt Hayden's talon-like claws slash down on his chest, creating four deep, bleeding cuts.

Draco tried not to cry out in pain but that proved to be very difficult. He opened his eyes, not realizing he had closed them, to see Hayden raise his clawed hand again as he bared his now sharp teeth.

As soon as he registered what was happening, Draco's silver eyes narrowed, elongating his own fangs and spear-like claws.

What made Hayden finally recognize his mate though, was seeing his pure white wings unfurl.

Hayden's eyes widened fearfully as he quickly lowered his hand and threw himself off of Draco.

Draco stood, glaring down at Hayden, a low dominating growl sounding from his throat that caused Hayden to whimper before laying flat on his back along the ground in submission.

While Hayden's actions made perfect sense to Draco, it confused him enough to break him out of his creature's hold. Hayden's submission was entirely Phoenix-like in nature, something Draco's Veela was aware of but not entirely expecting.

Veela submit to their doms typically by dropping to their knees and baring their necks. Of course Draco had been taught to reign in his Veela but in this situation, he couldn't think of any other way to subdue his mate without returning the violence. The Veela could only guess at the habits that Phoenixes held.

Taking the few steps closer to Hayden, he saw that his mate was shaking ever so slightly and whimpering so quietly Draco almost didn't hear it.

Draco's claws retracted into his hands and his pupils rounded back out but he made sure to keep his wings out to give a sense of comfort to the poor boy laying as still as could in the grass.

Coming over to stand over Hayden, Draco gently knelt down so he was straddling the boy's waist. Carefully, Draco leant down, his forearms coming to rest on either side of Hayden's head, the blonde making sure that he wasn't accidentally pinning Hayden's own beautiful wings down.

Ever so slowly, the blonde leaned down to softly place his lips on the boy's beneath him in a show of tender forgiveness.

Hayden immediately kissed back without any hesitation, thankful that his apology was accepted.

After a moment Draco started to pull away, but because Hayden's creature was governing his actions and thoughts, he didn't want to allow Draco to pull away. So instead he pulled him back in, kissing him even deeper than before.

Hayden wrapped his arms tighter around the Veela's neck as he slotted his lips together with Draco's again. The kiss grew more and more passionate as Hayden boldly licked into the blondes mouth.

Soon their passionate kiss turned hungry with an insatiable need mainly stemming from Hayden.

The ravenette moaned as Draco sucked at Hayden's tongue. Hooking a leg around his doms waist, Hayden purred as he plunged deeper into Draco's mouth.

Draco groaned at the feeling of Hayden taking such an initiative. He briefly thought that this sudden wave of dominance his mate was showing was because of his Veela-esk traits.