𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 18

♡︎𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟♡︎

i was planning to surprise Alexander at his house for lunch and we would spend time together, since we haven't been able to see much of each other lately due to the preparations for the finals.

So i wore my sweater and some denim shorts with white sneakers and drank some water (ʳᵉᵐᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ ᵗᵒ ˢᵗᵃʸ ʰʸᵈʳᵃᵗᵉᵈ) and packed a mini bag that jad my phone, keys and a t-shirt incase it got hot and some chapstick. i wasn't planning on taking the bag with me, just keeping it in the car.

Some time later, i arrived to his house and his parking lot had a strange car i've never seen before, so i decided to text him and see if i can come, that he replied with a please do.

I knocked on the door and there was shouting before an elderly woman opened it and her eyes widened seeing me.

"are you fucking around Alexander?!" she shouted "but he wouldn't pull you in" she mumbled to herself, then addressed me:

"you're gorgeous sweetie, but if the idiot if my grandson slept with you, you should drop him, because you clearly deserve better" footsteps were heard coming out way as i stared dumbstruck in front of her.

"grandma, this is ophelia, my girlfriend" Alexander's voice broke me out of my thoughts as he stood tall next to his granny.

"you're the one who made my baby whipped and all in love!!!" she got excited as i stood awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

"nice to meet you ma'am" was that good? I looked at Xander who only seems to stare at me, not moving an inch. wtf iw wrong with him?

"Call me amar or grandma dear" she smiled warmly and i mirrored her action.
(ᵖʳᵒⁿᵒᵘⁿᶜᵉᵈ: ᵃʰ - ᵐᵃʳ ~ ⁱᵗ ᵐᵉᵃⁿˢ ᵐᵒᵒⁿ ⁱⁿ ᵃʳᵃᵇⁱᶜ)

"How rude of me, i've only been here for half an hour and Alexander's rudeness already started rubbing on me... Come in sweetie.." then she hit Xander on the arm

"sometimes you make me wish I was an octopus so i can slap you eight times at once, Alexander" she shook her head disapproving.

"if you think you look romantic staring like that... sorry to breaking it to you but you look like a freak" amar whispered the last part, and if i wasn't feeling nervous, i would have died laughing.

Alexander only seemed amused as he came and pecked me on the forehead

"let her come in!! little brat" she scolded.

"yeah yeah sorry" he looked at both of us "after you, ladies" unnecessary.

We sat in the living room and i was uncomfortable, not knowing what to do, but one thing for sure is that i liked amar a lot. And i really need to make a good impression that i'm not doing at the moment.

"so why did i just know that you had a girlfriend?" amar asked Xander.

"it never came up" he managed to get out but it was more of a question.

"and you answer with that? are you broken? do i need fix you? shall I put you in rice?" jeez i love her.

"i don't know why Alexander was keeping me a secret, but i'm glad i'm meeting you right now even if it was unplanned, and i apologize if i interrupted anything" ny mom would be damn proud right now.

"the only thing you interrupted was Alexander getting a punishment."

"grandma please don't be like that, don't scare her awayyyy" he whined.

"if she would go away, she would have, have some faith in her" then she turned to me.

"dear you're amazing and all, but if you hurt my baby i won't hesitate to put YOU in rice" this took a turn.

"i won't amar, he's one of the most beautiful things that happened to me, i can't loose him" i said truthfully.

"Alex, make us hot chocolate" amar ordered. He obeyed, clearly not very liking it.

"so tell me how feel about him" she turned to me.

"i love him" i stated simply. "he's an amazing human, my favorite human to be exact. he's just too much to sink in you know?... from his adorable but manly personality to his little gesture that completely melt my heart.." i realized i was rambling so i stopped looking down while a blush coated my cheeks.

"oh God, you're adorable. And in love. i know relationships can be hard my child, but communicating solves a lot of problems.. don't give up on each other.. Fall in love with the little things, like the way you hold his hand or the way he pecks your forehead or the fact that he buys from everything two, only making sure that you have it first... " she sighed " love can be the most beautiful thing you can experience if you do it right with your person, don't let it go" there was a true meaning behind this, and like a sad, cruel reality she experienced.

"i promise i'll do my part" she chuckled at my response.

"you know... Alexander used to dream about having a soulmate. He used to always come to me and tell me how good he'll treat her and how much he'll love her. And also the day he meets his soulmate he'll give her that ring you're wearing" she smiled knowingly.

"he gave it to me when he asked me to be his girlfriend " i played with the ring.

"i raised a romantic" she was definitely proud from her tone.

"just like his grandpa" she continued "Alexander also used to have a great fear from cows."

"what?"

"don't start grandma. i go to make you hot chocolate and you give my girlfriend reasons to dump me!" he whisper shouted.

"i'm not leaving you anytime soon. not that i know of" i winked making amar pat me on the back satisfied.