Injuries

IMPORTANT!
Tigger warning!
In the flash back there is some depressing thoughts as Flash bullies Peter. Including Flash telling Peter to 'go join his parents'. Please read with caution if this could tigger you.

Peter's POV
As soon as I got in the elevator I took May's call.

"Hey May! What's up?"

"I'm on my way home from the hospital early. Do you want to go to a restaurant to eat?" She asked. I blinked. What occasion was it that I forgot?

"Um. Sure. What's the occasion?"

"Oh no occasion. I just got a bonus from work."

I smiled. That was always good. Why do I feel like somethings off.

"How about our favorite Thai place?" She asked, with fake enthusiasm. Was it fake? Am I over analyzing?

"Aunt May, is everything okay?"

"Yes. Of course! I just thought after getting into that fight with those fugitives the other day I'd take you somewhere special. How's your wrist?" She asked. Okay. Everything was normal. Right?

I started rubbing the back of my neck. At least me being Spider-Man gave me excuses for the injuries I earned at school.

I checked my wrist. It didn't hurt much anymore. As long as I didn't bend it wrong.

"It's holding up good."

"Great. And should I just meet you at the restaurant? I assume you've been superhero-ing. Even with a hurt wrist."

"Actually I've been hanging low. Avengers, Kraven. Probably not a good idea to get caught up in that kind of fight." I said, cringing at the word Avengers.

I just watched a movie with a few of them. Felt amazing but awkward at the same time. How can someone like one part of you but hate the other? I mean, I guess I do act differently as Spider-Man... but do I really act that different?

Yes. Yes I do.

"Good. Meet you at the restaurant?"

"Meet you there. Larb you." I said hanging up. She absolutely could not learn about what happened with Flash.

I quickly got out of the elevator and  out of the building before I started half jogging, half running in the general direction of the restaurant.

~Earlier that week~

"Hey Parker!"

"Not in the mood Flash." I said shoving my books in my locker.

"Where's your girlfriend, huh? At the Library?" He asked mocking. "How is she supposed to protect you from there?"

"I said I'm not in the mood." I growled, turning away.

"Does she read you bedtime stories before you go to bed?" Flash asked. That earned a couple of laughs from his friends.

"Leave her be." I told him, she shouldn't have gotten into this. She should have just walked away. Like everyone else. I started walking away.

"Hey! I didn't say you could leave yet! What kind of stories does she read you? Mary's little lamb?"

More laugher.

Flash put his hand on my shoulder.

My body jolted. On instinct I whipped around and punched him in the face.