Side Story: Iris

Iris POV
My name is Iris. I am the younger sister of Marik just by a year. Me and my family joined LA HQ around 3 years ago. At first, I was scared of what kind of people they would be. But ever since Mrs.Lance and some of the others showed kindness, I became a bit more glad of joining. When my brother was assigned to a group, he was never the type to trust others. But, ever since he joined Zane and Zari, he became more carefree and nicer..... After Mrs.Lance lessons. Of course she had to be rough when Marik decided to attack her. Yeah..... I learned not to piss her off. Even her own children are scared of her when she gets mad which I completely understand. Haha..... I was part of the group after 7 months of my brother joining them. Zane and Zari were nice. They get serious when a mission comes. My ability "Snipe" was really useful since I am the sniper of the group. I may be an elite-tier but I can do my part. Every since John and Seraphina joined, I learned that I have to get into shape and get stronger. John's ability showed me what kind of strength and potential my ability has even if it was amplified.

Iris begins to do push ups.

I need to get stronger. I don't like practicing with the others since I don't want to hurt them in any way. But sometimes, I need too. Like when Mrs.Lance put us in pairs for matches. I wouldn't want to disobey her. Zane and John match reminded me what kind of dangers are out there in their levels. Even with people like Zane, Zari, John and Lex, you can't let yourself be caught in the crossfire of powerful high-tiers. Seraphina is like the example of a god-tier falling to the low-tier aka cripple. Poor Seraphina. I can't imagine what kind of pain and guilt she is going through. I know lying is bad but I just wish I could tell her about John's ability. But these are the Lance's orders. No telling. She has to figure it out. Even if it brings her pain.

Iris finishes doing push ups. (She did 35) She begins to walk towards to the corner to get 20 lb dumbbells.

No matter what. We have to pull through even in the darkest times. Like Mari's death. Or the time Zane and Zari mentioned their bestfriend/Zari's lover. Lessons are learned in the hardest way possible. I hope I don't go through that. My brother almost did when that guy in black coat sent me to the hospital for a while. Seraphina, you have to believe in us even if we lied to you. Learned the reason why John kept his ability from you. If you understood his past, you'll know why. Especially when the authorities broke him mentally. That is one of the many reasons why Mrs.Lance does NOT like the authorities AT ALL!