Bonus Track: Long Weekend

A/N Good news with my Granny! They were able to take her from 100% to 50% on the ventilator. Which means she's starting to be able to breath on her own. We've been told not to get our hopes up to high, but this is still great news. She's still intubated as well as sedated and paralyzed, but it's progress. Anyway, here's a flashback to Daisy's past. Hope you enjoy!

Songs mentioned in this chapter:
She looks so Perfect by 5 Seconds of Summer
Don't Stop by 5 Seconds of Summer

2015

RIOT had just gotten their first official gig. A small cafe on the strip. Granted it was open mic night, but you still had to sign up to be guaranteed and there was almost never a free slot. This could be their big break too, this cafe was known for being a record exec hot spot.

"Okay, what song are we thinking of?" Lara asks. They were only able to perform one song due to the high demand for slots, so they had to make it count.

"I was thinking maybe She Looks So Perfect?" Rane suggests.

"Ooh, yeah that's a good one. Or maybe Don't Stop?" Daisy says. They continue to throw ideas back and forth before they have to leave.

The cafe is packed. The girl on stage finishes her song and a guy goes on stage to announce the next act.

"Alright, up next we have," he pauses to look at his clipboard. "RIOT?" Daisy and her friends take deep breaths before they head onto stage.

"Hi everyone! I'm Daisy. Lara's on the drums there, and Rane's our bassist. This is She Looks so Perfect, hope you like it!" She says. And they begin to play.

Hey, hey

Hey, hey

Hey, hey

"That was awesome!" Rane gushes as the three of them gather at the back of the room. "I've never felt so alive!"

"I know! Just imagine, one day we'll be able to do that all the time, oh that'll be the day," Lara says. They all sigh, yeah that'll be the day.

"Maybe I can help you guys with that," a voice says from behind them. They all turn to see a tall woman in a red pantsuit.

"I'm Andi Parker with Destiny Management, and I'd like to talk to you about representing your band."