30. Banquet (Part2)

"Xander, calm down. No killing at the banquet I'm hosting." I tried to soothe him.

The area of the balcony is quite dark but I can see Xander's gold eyes glowing with rage.

"Are you standing up for him?" Xander asked with indignation, his grip around my wrist tightened.

"No, let me rephrase. If you want to kill him or whatever, wait until the banquet is over. If you do it now, it'll be troublesome for me."

"Fine, if that's what my kitten wants." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When his eyes fluttered open again, it was back to normal.

"Thank you." I tickled his chin with the hand he isn't gripping.

"I won't kill him, but let me have a little fun. For someone like him, shattering his pride will be the best torture." He released his grip from my wrist and covered my eyes with his now free hand.

"Xander? What are you doing?" I asked confused at his current actions.

"Take off all your clothes and dance at the centre of the banquet hall, yell 'I'm a scum who likes to take advantage of women' while you're at it. Go." His voice held a little mischief.

I heard the door opened and closed, I guess he's gone...

"You should use mind control more carefully, what if he tells others." I smacked his head lightly.

"Don't worry, he can't. Princess, there's something I need to tell you." He was chuckling at first, but his voice turned serious.

"What is it?" I softened, usually he's not a serious person.

"I have to go back to Elvafia tomorrow." He said as he buried his face into the crook of my shoulder.

"So suddenly? I thought you planned to study here until you reach 17?"

"That was the plan...but father's condition is getting worst. He said he wanted to retire within a few days and wants me to go back to be crowned." He sighed.

"So you'll be busy...I remember that you have other siblings. Won't they complain?"I ruffled his hair.

"Of course they will, that's why it's troublesome. It's the emperor's order so they can't defy but I won't be able to spend time with you, and it's going to get busy." He whined. Well doesn't his mood change fast.

"Give me your hand."

"Earrings?" He tilted his head.

"We can communicate using these." I touched the earrings I was wearing.

"When did you prepare these?" I don't need to see to know that his eyes are sparkling right now.

"When I was free." I replied indifferently.

"Now it's my turn to give you a gift." He grabbed my hand...

A bracelet shaped as a golden snake coiled around my wrist. It's pretty, seeing this snake bracelet I wonder how Arian is doing back at the room? He should be fine. Hmm~ why is there a small needle in the snake's eye?

"I'm glad you like it. I'll need you to prick your finger on the snake's eye." He said warmly as I followed.

My blood solidified? It snake's eye became red with my blood...but the texture of my blood turned hard and shiny?

"Now it recognises you as it's master. Imagine it into a whip."

A whip? Is this thing going to to turn into a whip-? My eyes widened, the bracelet actually turned into a whip. It turned back into a bracelet when I wanted it to.