028

December 7th

With the snow mostly melted, school was able to be back in session, and pretty much every Wintersville student was not prepared for it, including Skye. Since everyone basically got to stay up late and sleep in every day for four days straight, having to go back to waking up bright and early wasn't exactly something a person could look forward to.

Skye sat through her Spanish lesson with her elbow leaning on the desk and her hand pressed against her face, about one blink away from closing her eyes and just never opening them until she got a power nap. Unfortunately, thanks to the always annoying Hunter, he kept her awake the entire time. She still wasn't exactly all too thrilled with him now, but she had no choice but to oblige with the seating chart, which she wished would change.

While the class watched an educational video (all spoken in Spanish, of course), Hunter continuously poked Skye's arm with his pencil, even doing it with his eyes glued to the SmartBoard. Skye had seen this as the last straw, so she decided to stomp on his foot, which made Hunter wince in pain as he tried to be as quiet as possible so the teacher wouldn't call him out for disrupting.

Skye glares at him before going back to watching the video, slouching back in her chair while Hunter clutched to his shoe in pain, trying his best to put it off as no big deal (news flash; Skye got him good). She tried her best to not let out a laugh, but she too didn't want to get called out by the teacher.

Once the video was complete, the bell rang a few moments later, and Skye immediately collected her things quickly to avoid conversation with Hunter, although he quickened his pace to catch up with her.

"Yo, Skye!" He yelled out. Skye bumped shoulders with anyone who came her way, trying to get away from Hunter as quickly as possible. "Hey-"

"What do you want, Hunter?" Skye stopped in her tracks, turning around to give him a cold look.

"I want you to stop avoiding me," Hunter said.

"What are you gonna do, stare at my ass again? No thanks." She scoffed, continuing her walk to lunch. If she didn't hurry up, she'd miss meeting up with Levi on time, but it seemed that would happen anyway with the way this conversation was going.

"I'm sorry, it only was one time!" Hunter exclaimed, running to catch up with Skye. "Besides, Levi almost kicked my ass for it."

Skye immediately questioned this bombshell, a bit surprised but at the same time not really. She found it weird that Levi would leave out a detail like that, but she guessed she'd have to get some more insight from Levi himself when she made it to lunch. "Did he? I thought he just stared you down."

"He did a lot more than that. If you didn't notice, he really cares about you." Hunter replied. Cared about her? Hell, Levi did way more than caring when it came to Skye. Way more.

"I guess that's starting to become clear," Skye said, almost losing concentration on what she was supposed to be doing for a moment before she snapped back to reality. "Um, I gotta go. Lunch with Levi, ya know."

"I shouldn't even be walking down this way. My class is down the other way." He chuckled.

"Go then!" She yelled and slapped his arm. "Don't be late for class."