Chapter 1

"Ellie!" My mother yelled from downstairs. "Coming!" I said as I exited out of Netflix. I just finished the fifth and last season of Z nation for the fourth time. "Are you watching that show again." My mom said from my door. "Maybe." I said sheepishly.

"You are obsessed with that stupid show." My mom rolled her eyes. "No I'm not! It's just a really good show." I defended myself. Z nation has been my favorite show since I found it. I only hate the fact that so many of them lost their family. "We'll hurry up, we're gonna be late." My mom said walking away. "I'll be right down." I yelled. Today was my archery competition, I'm competing in Colorado state regionals championship.

I got up from my bed and walked to my open closet. "Do I have everything packed?" I muttered to myself opening my duffel bag to check on the contents of the bag. With a nod to myself, I zipped up the bag and slid it onto my shoulder. "You've go this, it's your tenth competition. You always place within top three." I whispered my pep talk. With everything done I put on my shoes and leave my room.

"Do you need a snack?" My mom said as I reached the bottom of the stairs. "Ooo, granola bar." I said. My mom walked into the living room from the kitchen with the bar in her hand. "Now let's get out of here!" My mom said grabbing the car keys from the door hook. I walked out the door locking it and shutting it before racing to the car behind my mom.

"Are you nervous?" My mom asked as she pulled out the driveway. "Yeah, I know I shouldn't be but it's hard not to freak out about this." I said quietly. "Honey, you are one of the best archers in the state. You're gonna win this competition and get to nationals like you have the past four years." My mom said softly. "You're right I've got this." I smiled before turning the radio on. My favorite song by cage the elephant began to play through the car speakers.

I nodded my head to the song's beat while watching the scenery slowly start to change from neighborhoods to the interstate. "Hey hone-." My mom said before being cut off as we were rammed. Glass flew everywhere as we rolled across the road. The car skid to a stop on its hood. "M-mom?" I chocked out as my vision swam. "I-it's ok honey. We're gonna b-be ok." My mom said trying to soothe me. "I-it hurts s...so much." I whispered as everything began to slowly go black. "No! Honey you need to stay awake. Ellie! Open your eyes!" My mom shouted. "Come on baby! Open your eyes!"
________________________________

It was so cold, why was it so cold? I slowly opened my eyes to a pitch black void. "Hello?!" I called out feeing a presence around me. "Hello, my child." A voice sounded from all around. "Who are you?" I asked. "I'm many things, but I believe the closest thing to me by your standards is.... I believe God." The voice answered. "You're God? Well this is awkward." I said nervously. "Oh is that because you are an atheist? Do not be afraid, I understand it's hard to have faith in the time of your world." God said.

"Sooo..... where am I?"

"You, Ellie, are in purgatory. I brought you here for a proposition." God spoke. "Oh? What proposition?" I asked. "Are you familiar with ... Z nation?" God asked hesitantly. "Forgive me, I'm not used to that name."

"Um, hell yes I am! I love that show!" I exclaimed. "Good, I need someone with outsider knowledge to help me fix the world I've created." God said happily. "I'm sorry what?" I blanched. "You see, my brother decided he was going to tamper with my creations and caused quite a mess. I need someone that has seen what that world's future has in store to fix the mess he created as best as they can. I understand that not all of the problems can be fixed but at least a few can be." God said. "So I'm who you choose?" I asked. "Yes." "Well shit, let's do this!" I said excitedly.

"First, you need to understand how this is going to happen. In this world, there is an alternate version of yourself. She helped a woman into a cage but had tripped and smashed her head. Unfortunately, the injury caused a brain bleed and she died, but I'm going to send your soul to her body. There will be a side effect. Over time you will get her memories from before the apocalypse to the cage. Your minds will meld together creating one Ellie." God explained to me. "Damn." I said shocked. "I'll be watching over you, be safe Ellie." God said before my body whipped out of the void.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some of the characters will still die but others I'll keep alive. I also want to have a good family bond between Ellie and the group, so I hope you enjoyed this first chapter.