Chapter 18: At the Palace

"Check outside." Cassien pointed outside the window to Lyrica.

Today was the day that Lyrica was suppose to stay at the Royal Palace before Cassien's Debutanté. Lyrica was excited, but was a bit nervous because she was a bit scared of the Emperor and Empress. But, when she looked out the window all that fear was thrown out of her body. She was amazed at the Golden Palace and how it sparkled under the sunlight. There were bushes that had poinsettia flowers which made the Palace suited for the Christmas spirit.

"It's so pretty!" Lyrica said.

"Honestly this place gives me bad memories." Peter shivered.

"That's because your the one causing those bad memories." Cassien said back.

The car approached the entrance and there was an old man with a monocle, grey mustache, and suit waiting for the trip at the staircase. Cassien got out first, then Peter, and Cassien held the door open for Lyrica to step out. They walked to the front and the man greeted them.

"Welcome back your highnesses, it's been a long time Prince Peter." He looked at him.

"Yea it has been." Peter smiled.

"And Lady Castillo, welcome to the royal palace. Glory to the Valentino Empire." He bowed in front of them.

"Be at ease." Cassien answered since Lyrica immediately got flustered like usual, "Lyrica this is Thomas. He was our personal caretaker and butler to me and Peter as children."

"Oh I see!" Lyrica smiled and greeted him, "It's nice to meet you Mr. Thomas."

"Thomas will be fine." He said to her, "The Emperor and Empress are actually not home right now."

"Well that's a relief." Peter sighed out, today was the day he had to tell them the truth and he wasn't looking forward to it at all.

"Hm?" Thomas cocked his head.

"It's nothing!" Peter said nervously, "We should go inside!"

"Right, I'll talk about today's agenda as we talk." Thomas lead them inside the palace.

Inside was huge, bigger than the Prince's Esatte and probably the Castillo Estate combined. The carpet was red and all the wallpapers were covered in gold floral designs. There was a big golden chandelier above them and a two-way grand staircase leading upstairs. The Palace was decorated with flowers like the ones outside, paintings which showed pictures of the Valentino family, and there were many ceramic arts around the welcoming room.

"Lyrica." Cassien flicked her forehead.

"Hey!" She rubbed her forehead and looked at him with an upset look.

"Are you even paying attention to what Thomas is saying?"

"Oh..." Lyrica looked at Thomas who was smiling kindly at her, "I'm sorry can you repeat everything you said as we walked in here."

"Of course Lady Lyrica." He chuckled, "Today I'll be teaching you about the ceremonial process of the Debutanté. Prince Cassien will also be participating since you need to get practice in."

"Thomas I think I've gotten everything memorized at this point. I was taught this at an early age, in fact you were the one who taught that."

"Although that is true, you need to experience it first. Plus, having you along will help Lyrica for the actual event." Thomas explained.

"He's got a point." Peter agreed, "So what willl I be doing?" Peter said eagerly.

"Uhm, Prince Peter there's not really much you have to do in the ceremony but stand with your family." He said to him.