1

There was a gaming tournament that Taehyung had been waiting weeks for. The winner gets a money prize, but he was going to give that to charity. He honestly wasn't even too enthusiastic about the money prize.

Along with the prize comes pride. Pride and being number one on the tournament chart of the year. That's what Taehyung really wanted. Of course he hadn't actually played the game much because of his schedule and he knew he wasn't exactly great at the game, but what if he actually won? Imagine how much confidence he would be boosted with. Imagine he actually wins and gets bragging rights, rubbing it in his friends faces. Just imagine.

   Taehyung squeezed the tournament in his schedule, running back from dance practice to make it on time. He didn't go to his own apartment. Instead he rushed to his car and drove to his and the boys' shared dorm.

  Now imagine Taehyung sitting at the dorm house computer desk, sun setting and arms tired from practice. He had a cup of tea and a water bottle to his left, hands frantically moving on the mouse and keyboard to turn on the game and enter the tournament. He clapped his hands in excitement as his name popped up on the players list, ignoring the speaking and the sound of the door shutting down the long hall of the house.

  "He's playing that game." Jimin's voice said from behind him. Taehyung didn't care enough to turn around and look at him.

  He figured that not all of the members came home from practice. Some probably went to get food or went to their own apartment.

  "Ah, well I'm going to sleep." Yoongi announced, footsteps subtle behind Taehyung. "Have fun with your tournament." He patted the back of Taehyung's chair before walking off to his own room, clearly to rest.

  Taehyung turned around a little too late, his hyung no longer in view. But Jimin was standing there, curiously looking at the screen. Taehyung smiled at his best friend.

  "I'll win." He told Jimin. "And if I don't, I'm coming to your room and we're gonna cuddle and I'll sulk all night long."

  Jimin rolled his eyes, stretching his arms into the air as he turned back around. "Guess I better go get my extra blankets and pillows ready, then." He said. Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows in determination as he turned back to his screen, faith intensified.

  I'll win, you meanie.

-

  Two hours passed by. Taehyung had actually done quite fine in the game. But the more time that passed, the more he grumbled to himself, hands cramping up and body weakening from such a long dance practice today. It may have been a mistake for Taehyung to take his hand off of his mouse for even a second, trying to massage his hand. Because as he came face to face with a problem in the game, he quickly turned back into game-mode, clicking his mouse so hard that it broke.

  As he looked down at the mouse, eyes panicked and teeth clenching as he tried to whack it and fix it, Taehyung heard the most devastating sound effects he had ever heard in his entire gamer life. 

  "No!" He whined to himself. A player on the screen was attacking his player. The least Taehyung could do was use his keyboard to run away from the player, but then he ran into another player. It was helpless.

  Taehyung let his player die.

  "No.." He sat back in his chair, sulking as the number 21 came up on his screen. He had even almost made it to the top 20! At least he had made it to 21. But he wanted to win.

  He groaned as his screen went to spectate mode. The mouse was broken and so was his heart and body. He could've totally taken that first player in a 1v1 match. He could've actually made it to the top 20. No fair.

  Taehyung frowned as he chugged the last bit of his water bottle. The sun had set, the lights were off in the dorms, and the only light he had was from the computer screen. He yawned and stretched out his arms, ready to go cuddle Jimin and mope into his arms. He stood up and turned off the computer, stumbling as he realized he had no light to see, but not really caring as he pressed himself into the wall so that he could feel for Jimin's door.

  When he finally felt the handle to the door, he opened it, the blindness of the night annoying him. Another yawn left his mouth as he walked towards Jimin's bed, deciding against waking up Jimin to complain all night. Instead he pulled the blankets back and slid into the bed, wrapping his arm around Jimin and pulling their bodies together to hold onto something as he closed his eyes softly. 

  Jimin's body was facing his, so Taehyung pressed their foreheads together playfully, trying to see if Jimin was actually still awake. There was no movement from the older, so Taehyung just kept his eyes closed, ready to sleep as well. As much as he wanted to complain about losing the tournament, he was also very tired and unsatisfied.

  So he cuddled Jimin.

~