Track 10: Finally Free

A/N This ones just a cute filler, hope you enjoy!

When Daisy returns to Julie's garage she finds her brother and his friends lounging sadly around the room.

"What are you guys doing? Shouldn't you be trying to find a way to fix things with Julie?" Daisy questions as she stands in the middle of the room.

"We're waiting for her to get back," Reggie answers from his spot laying across the large beanbag.

"Right," Daisy said. "And what is it that you've decided will get her to forgive you?"

"We booked a gig at this cafe in town," Luke says. "We're gonna surprise Julie with it when she gets home." He sits up from where he laid on the couch. Alex is dangling his feet from the platform and Daisy plops herself on the couch with her brother.

"Good luck with that," Daisy sighs. "By the way, Happy Birthday, Lu."

"Thanks Daisy." They sit in comfortable silence for a few minutes.

"So Daisy," Alex says, poofing down to the chair beside her. "Luke mentioned something really weird the other day." Daisy's eyes widen.

"Yeah?" She tries to play cool. "What'd he say?"

"Well," Alex trails off. "It's more of what you said to him." Daisy nods for him to continue. "He said you mentioned Reggie and I having siblings?" Reggie sits up at this news.

"Siblings?" The dark haired ghost says.

"I was going to tell you guys," Daisy sighs. "But yeah, you both have siblings. They were my best friends, and we had a band together."

"Can you tell us more about them?" Reggie asks hopefully.

"Sure," Daisy agrees.

"Lara Mercer and Rane Peters came along fourteen and fifteen years after you guys died," she begins. "Lara was our drummer, and I guess she still is one. Just not professionally. She identified as a lesbian up until a few months ago. That's when she and Rane got together, and she re-evaluated her sexuality a bit. Rane's non-binary, you see. Which means they don't identify with one gender."

"Wait, people can do that?" Reggie interrupts.

"Well yeah," Daisy shrugs. "There's a lot people can do now with little judgment. I mean, same-sex marriage got legalized a few years ago."

"You mean," Alex says. "That I could have gotten married if I was still alive?" There's tears shining in his eyes.

"Yeah, Alex," Daisy says as her eyes begin to sting as well. She loves her friends with every fiber of her being, and to see them learn the small justices that have been one fore people like them, it made her impossibly happier. "And one day, I know Rane and Lara will."

"What about Bobby's daughter? The one you mentioned yesterday?" Reggie asks.

"Carly?" Daisy asks hesitantly. "Well, she was our rhythm guitarist until we had a falling out."

"What kind of falling out?" Luke asks, placing his hand on her arm.

"She wanted to be the lead, even though she knew how much it meant to me. And she just wouldn't listen," Daisy says. "I know that may sound really mean, not letting her be lead for my own selfish desires. But at that point her dad was already famous. And although I didn't know then that he was Bobby, I still didn't want to be known as 'Trevor Wilson's Daughter's band.' I wanted to be known as Riot, the female led pop-rock band. And she just didn't understand that the others and I didn't want to live in her dad's shadow."