Author's Note

गणपती बप्पा मोरिया!

The following is a original price written by As250299. The story is a work of semi-fiction kind. All rights are reserved to the author Alice swan and I do not permit anyone to copy the story in anyway.

To all my readers who have read my books before, I hope you all enjoyed them and will enjoy this one too. Thank you for your time and support.

To all the readers who are new to my stories, welcome. I am glad you all are reading this book. If you want some more stories, please do see my profile. I hope some of my works will catch your eye, like this one did.

Please vote, comment and share. I would love to hear from you all.

This is a short story about my grandparents. My grandmother had passed away last year and had left a huge scar on our family. To cope up with her passing, I had written this story about one of my favorite moments that she shared with my grandfather. The two were inseparable and the loss had hit him hard. I had hoped to make him smile with this story.

Therefore, please be respectful while reading it.

The story is based on my family and there are certain terms which we use that may confuse you, my readers, therefore here is a small guide to understanding those words.

Nana and Nani: In most indian families, maternal grandfather is called nana and grandmother is called nani.

Bade nana and bade nani: in my family specifically, my nani's elder brother is referred as bade nana while his wife is referred as badi nani. (Badi here means eldest)

Jalebis: a type of Indian dessert that made in concentric circles and spirals.

Malpuas: a sweet and savory types of pancakes that are eaten as dessert.

Kulfi: An extremely flavourful Indian ice cream made with dry fruits and nuts.

Aaloo chat: a savory street side food. (Most of these dishes are not very healthy for any person who is diabetic. My grandmother was diabetic.)

If any confusion with phrases, feel free to ask.