Ordinary People part 2

A/N: Happy New Year!! It might be a few days ago but the sentiment is the same. I hope you've had a great start on 2021, with lots of love and happiness <3

A few hours later Elena walked into the boarding house and smiled as she heard the music as Rebekah walked towards her with two glasses of champagne.

"You made it!" Rebekah hugged her before giving her one of the glasses.

"Yeah, you called and said we had stuff to do." Elena smiled as she sipped her champagne and followed Rebekah into the sitting room.

"All right girls, have at it!" Rebekah called out.

Six girls in various beautiful homecoming dresses walked into the room, all of them with a blank look in their eyes.

"Okay, now twirl." Rebekah ordered and the girls did as she said.

"You compelled your own private runaway show?" Elena laughed brightly.

"Well, we both need homecoming dresses." Rebekah smirked. "So, what do you think? Pick one."

"For you..." Elena looked at all the dresses with a critical eye. "The red one."

"Oh, nice choice." Rebekah smiled with excitement. "Can I pick yours?"

"Sure." Elena agreed and Rebekah almost squealed in happiness.

"I think you should wear the black and blue one." Rebekah nodded towards a floor length black and blue ombre dress with a shoulder strap.

"It's beautiful." Elena said with a bright smile.

"So we are in agreement?" Rebekah chirped with a little bounce. "I'll wear the red on and you'll wear the black and blue one?"

"Agreed." Elena nodded.

"This is going to be so much fun!" Rebekah giggled, then she turned towards the six girls. "Go away. Remember nothing."

"If you want, we could all get ready together?" Elena offered. "You, me, Caroline and Bonnie."

"What does that mean?" Rebekah asked, a little embarrassed that she didn't know.

"It means that me, Caroline and Bonnie will come here several hours before prom and we will all help each other with hair and makeup, while drinking wine or some other alcohol."

"That sounds amazing." Rebekah hummed. "Let's do that."

"We'll have to ask Caroline and Bonnie but I think they would want to come to." Elena chuckled.

"Come on, let's snoop through Stefan's room while you ask about whatever you wanted to ask about." Rebekah grabbed Elena's hand and pulled her along to Stefan's room.

They entered Stefan's room together as they giggled quietly, feeling a little naughty. Rebekah walked over to the drawers and started to open them.

"How fun isn't this?" Rebekah giggled as she pulled out a pair of Stefan's underwear. "Boxer briefs. A lot has changed since the twenties."

"What, did he go commando in the twenties or something?" Elena asked with a giggle, which was weird, she usually didn't giggle.

"What is commando?" Rebekah looked up at her.

"It's when you don't wear underwear at all." Elena started to look through another set of drawers.

"People actually do that?" Rebekah asked, wide eyed.

"Yup." Elena chuckled. "I know for a fact that Jeremy didn't wear underwear with his Halloween costume one year."

"Damn, that's kinda hot." Rebekah had a far away look in her eyes.