24

3rd POV

The night came sooner than expected and it was finally time for her to go back to the quarters.

Kamala never would have thought that she would actually miss those rusty and stained pillows but after the day that she had, that was the only place she wanted to be in.

The plates on Alister's desk were now near empty with almost no food in sight. The boredom got the best of her and eventually she came around and  starting eating as it was better than doing nothing and staring at the boring blank wall.

The rest of the day went by in silence as neither Kamala nor Alister knew what to say after that conversation.

The night fall came shortly after, signaling that it was time to leave. Kamala packed up her cleaning utilities and what not, before heading towards the door.

"Goodnight my lord."

She recited before heading down, leaving Alister with his own haunted thoughts.

She was getting more and more used to the stairs and as of right now it felt more like a breeze than the constant torture she felt before. On the way down she could see more and more maids following the same path as they too were returning back from their master's chambers.

As she was passing through the 14th floor, a hand suddenly caught her by the upper arm and pulled her into the empty cupboard closet.

Struggling under the intense grip on her arm, she tried to scream for help but her efforts were deemed useless as a hand covered her mouth. The room was dark and her sight could not determine who was  holding her captive, but after what she had gone through on the very same floor, she had her suspicions . She tried to push away the tight form of the body but it was no use. Regardless, she still tried her very best using anything from her own body to anything she was able to grasp to try and knock whoever it was out.

"Shh. Shhhh. Relax, I'm not going to hurt you."

As soon as Kamala heard the voice, she already knew who was holding her. She stopped struggling and the man let go of his grasp on her mouth.

"A-Alvie?" She asked uncertain.

"Yes, it's me. Sorry for the performance but I figured it was the only way we could speak on private." Alvie explained as he softly caressed the part of her arm that he grabbed.

"Y- You couldn't just tap me on the shoulder like a normal person?" Kamala blurted out with instant regret of talking to a lord like that.

Alvie didn't seem to realize or mind as he offered her an apologetic look that she unfortunately couldn't see.
"In my defense, I tried to talk to you normally but you freaked out and ran away!" Alvie stated, remembering what happened earlier that day.

"I-I did not freak out! I j-just had to get back to Ali-the Don. I'm very busy. I-I was not avoiding you."

"Who said anything about avoiding?"

"Y-you did...."

"When?"

"B-before..."

"No I didn't."

"Yes you di- Ok whatever. It doesn't matter! Now that you have managed to successfully kidnap me,  what did you want to tell me?" Kamala's tone quivered by her last words as she was nervous for the answer that she would get. She hoped that if she was lucky enough, she would never have to face Cullen or Alvie again.

"You know what." Alvie's tone hit a new level of seriousness sending a brand new wave of uncomfortableness to Kamala as she had never seen Alvie in such a serious mood. Although, she dis only know him for a few days so it wasn't too surprising.