• Chapter 34 • Notarised •

"Lip!" I run up to him and pull him into a hug the second I enter the house

"Emma, holy shit I've missed you!" He picks me up and spins me around.

I see Fiona smiling from behind him at our interaction, before looking back down to the laptop, with Jimmy beside her.

"I can't find them," Ian calls out, walking into the kitchen after coming down the stairs in the living room.

Fiona looks back at him and smile, raising an eyebrow at his statement.

"I'm going to visit Carl and Liam," he explains, quickly pulling me into a tight hug.

"What did Carl ask you to bring?" I ask as we let go of each other.

"M-80s, Nintendo DS and ninja throwing stars," he holds up the DS, "I could only find this."

"That's because I cleared all the things that could stop us coming come from the house," I smirk, "they're over at Jonas's, he let me stash them."

"Ah," Ian realises, "the DS will do then."

"I'm sure his foster family will be glad," I chuckle at the thought of Carl running around a stranger's bourse with ninja throwing stars.

"Could do with your help," Fiona sighs.

"How?" I ask, "what do you need?"

Fi quickly reaches up and pulls one of the aforementioned ninja throwing stars out of the wall above her with a huff, "I'm getting custody." She holds it out to Ian.

"Guess I missed one," I mumble.

"Of us?" Ian asks, slowly taking it from her.

Fiona shrugs with a smile, "it's the only way to bring everyone home and keep it that way." She grabs the laptop and jogs upstairs.

Ian and Lip look at each other with raised eyebrows for a second, then glance at me.

"What's wrong? This is great," I beam, "Fiona is gonna be our legal guardian, it's great!"

Eventually, we all head off to the alibi to sort out some of the things Fiona is gonna need to prove her ability to become our guardian.

Lip, Ian and I grab the files from the back room of the alibi and walk back out to Fi and Steve.

"Doing Kev's taxes every year since I was eight is finally gonna pay off," I grin, as Lip drops the box of files down on the bar.

"You just gotta scan the W-2 and change the name," Ian stretches as he comes along behind us.

"It's so easy, its like they're daring you to commit fraud," I smirk at Fiona.

She grimaces slightly, "I don't wanna get Kev in trouble."

Lip purses his lips for a second, pulling out a cigarette and holding it between his lips, "yo, Kev?"

"Hey," the man turns around, swinging a rag over his shoulder, need a refill?"