chapter twenty-one

CHAPTER NINETEENDISCUSSION TIME

CHAPTER NINETEEN
DISCUSSION TIME

WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?

DREAM FOCUS

Jaemin sighed, taking a seat on his bed after having changed into his regular pajamas. His eye bags were larger than normal, making it easy to see how tired he was.

"What's wrong?" Renjun asked plainly, making himself comfortable in his own bed.

"Nothings really wrong, I guess. It's just that these girls... I don't know. There's something about them that's just different from normal." He admitted, staring up at the roof.

Renjun shuffled in his bed, pulling himself up to sit against the wall. "Different? As in you already like one of them or something?"

Jaemin shook his head although Renjun could barely see it, "No, not like that. I mean like you and the others all have these certain energies that I can just feel when I'm around you. But then these girls come and they have these unreadable blocks in front of them."

Renjun pondered over the thought for a second. He agreed. Everyone in Neo House had their own auras that separated them from one another, even the nurses did. But now these three new kids that suddenly show up have these gray areas in front of them that cover who they are.

"Maybe we should wait. I see what you mean, though. I can feel it too. It's probably just because they've only been here for a day or two. We should give it some time."

Jaemin nodded contently, agreeing with Renjun's statement. He was right. They just need to wait a bit and get used to the girls.

A knock on the door of their shared room drew them both out of thought. Renjun decided to get up, walking over to the white door.

He pulled it open, one of the nurses holding their water and pills in hand. Jaemin groaned as he sat up and walked over, reluctantly taking his pills as Renjun did the same.

"Thank you, Nurse Min

"Thank you, Nurse Min." The two boys bowed, closing the door as they walked back over to their beds.

"Alright, so back to what I was saying." Donghyuck began. "I can already tell Minju is gonna be a pain in the ass cause of these girls."

Jeno nodded in agreement, taking his socks off before getting into bed. "I heard Eunha got paired with her for roommates. Can't imagine what that's like."

Donghyuck grumbled at the thought, "I thought Minsoo and Hyeji were lucky they didn't get paired with her but suddenly we get another person and she gets Minju. I'd never survive in there."

Jeno agreed with a murmur and pulled his blanket over himself, welcoming the warm feeling. "What do you think we should do?"

"What do you mean?" Donghyuck asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"She's so mean to them because of us. Specifically Jaemin and me. I feel bad and we need a way to fix it so what should we do?"

Donghyuck shrugged, "doesn't matter what I do. Either way, she'll end up treating them the same way no matter what. You and Jaemin, however, are a different story. If you feel so bad then why don't you try to be nice to them?"

Jeno looked at his friend with an unreadable expression, unsure if he had heard correctly. "Try to be nice to them? Wouldn't that make Minju become even more mean to them?"

"Probably. But if they can put up with a little bullying from her while you make friends then maybe Minju will realize no matter what she does, she isn't going to date either of you."

Jeno nodded, "so to make things right, I have to make things worse."

Donghyuck smiled, giving him a thumbs up. "Precisely, my friend."