Chapter 1

You got the banquet ready, putting plates, knives and food on the long table in the dining room. The Sheriff was having a feast tonight. You had no idea for what but you just followed the orders given.

You where putting the final touches on the table and went down to the kitchens to clean them.

You got a tap on the shoulder and the Sheriff's personal sercent stood behind you.

"You laid the table for the feast" he said.

"Yeah?" you asked.

"Come with me" he said.

You got very worried and followed him up the stairs to the dining room where the Sheriff stood, his nails where tapping against the back of a seat.

His keen eyes watched you come into the room and antlised you as you stood in front him.

"sir?" you asked worried.

"You failed to put the wine out correctly" he said.

"I'm sorry sir" you said.

"Why" he said.

"I had orders from the new head layer if the house to lay it out this way" you said timidly.

"How long have you worked here?" he asked.

"three years sir" you said.

"And have I ever had the wine laid out like this before?" he inquired, raising your chin.

"No sir" you said.

"Get back to the kitchens. I will have a conversation with the head servant" he said. He rubbed your lip slightly and let go walking out.

You breathed, your heart was beating so quick against your chest. You went down to the kitchen. The chef with what happened. He looked sorry for you and gave you a hug.

You went back to the cleaning, hoping that something like that would never happen again.