20"

The weeks had passed quickly and Christmas was only a few days away

The weeks had passed quickly and Christmas was only a few days away. The Great hall was decorated with hanging decorations as a towering Christmas Tree stood proudly at the front of the room. It's lights twinkled and it's baubles swung as the students sat surrounding it, joyfully laughing and joking while eating. Outside a flurry of snow coated the grounds, leaving a white layer glistening in the daylight.

"Come on! We need a group photo" Lily piped up from James side, getting her Muggle cameras out and making the girls and marauders pose infront of the Christmas tree.

"This is embarrassing" Peter spoke cringing at the poses the group were pulling.

"Speak for yourself Pete" Sirius replied, laying on the floor next to James feet with one hand on his head, the other on his waist grinning.

"Yeah, I mean look how good I look" Marlene piped up winking at the camera with her leg over Mary.

"This is not going to go well" Remus sighed shaking his head.

"And in three... two...one" Lily counted down to the flash.
Rosaleé grabbed Remus' arm pulling him into the shot next to her and quickly pinching his cheeks up to create a smile. The camera flashed leaving them slightly stunned.

"That was weird" Alice laughed shaking her head at her friends stupid poses.

"More like spectacular" Rosaleé grinned as Lily showed her the photo.

"We should go outside" suggested Alice as she looked out of the window as small snowflakes fluttered from the sky.

"Last one outside has to do all of our Transfiguration essays!" Yelled Marlene, barging past a group of Ravenclaws and sprinting towards the door, quickly followed by the rest of the group.

The students all stood panting in the snow, not wanting to be the one that had to write all the essays.

"Sorry Pete" Sirius shrugged "you snooze you loose mate"

"Awh nooo. I don't want to write them" Peter said sadly. Rosaleés heart ached looking at his dejected face.

"Don't worry Pete, I'll do them with you" Rosaleé said pulling him into a friendly side hug"

"Really?"

"Course"

"Thank you Rosa!" he grinned up to her like a small child. Suddenly the blond was hit forcefully with a snowball on the back of her head. Whipping around James stood there arrogantly tossing a snowball up and down in his hand.

"Oh you're going to regret that one Potter" Rosaleé laughed gathering the snow in her hand.

"You better run mate" Remus smirking at James worried face "she's scary when she's angry. You don't want to end up like Snape"

With that James abandoned his snowball and sprinted off in the other direction while Lily and the rest of the girls laughed as he skidded on some ice.

"Snowball fight!" Yelled Sirius, gathering up the snow.

The Gryffindors all collapsed in the snow, breathing heavily while laughing. Snow in their hair.

"That was too amusing" Mary laughed

"Seeing Sirius get hit in the face by Alice is the best thing I've seen in a long time" Mary giggled.

"Agreed" Rosaleé pouted as she looked across the frozen lake. "Hey, we should go ice skating! Lils can you transfigure our shoes to skates?"