xxix.

| 10: 37 am

+ jaehyun.

“you went away having a 'teeny tiny' crush on her and came back whipped. the development..” doyoung commented and i snap out of my daze, innocently blinking at him. it was a day after aera and i came back from our Greece trip and doyoung's nosy ass is already living its life to the fullest by teasing and making fun of me nonstop. “dude, the cheesy captions on your instagram photos is so obvious. its making my stomach churn.” johnny butts in too, snickering before acting like he's throwing up.

“teeny tiny crush, my ass. didnt you say it was a love at first sight at the bar?” i wanted to punch taeil for slipping up on that while the boys lets out a laugh, “i meani cant blame you though.. aera's really pretty. she's kind too. her personality is fun so id rather not question why you wanted to marry her right on the spot. id do the same if i were to find someone like her..” then the boys fell silent, it was after a minute of realization when they sigh at the same time and yuta rolls his eyes at me, “lucky bastard..” taeyong then stands up, “we should go find our own aera now.. which bar did you first met again?” i laugh at their childish antics, they really thought they can find another aera. ha! there's only one and i already got her, peasants.

actually to deeply think of it, its the other way around.. she got me. at one glance, one smile, one laugh, one touchㅡ she got me and im not even gonna complain.

i introduced her to my grandmother a few days after, which i was so happy about because they seem to be getting along just fine, my grandmother actually adored her and told me 'marrying' aera is probably the best thing i've done in my life. ever since that day, the thought of actually marrying her never left my mind and i always tell myself, 'soon.. you're going to have a future with her soon.' and somehow, it keeps me going.

everything was going well, our days consist of talking to each other through call, facetime or texting, then we go out together for lunch. some days, i pay her a visit at her workplace to bring her food. at the end of it, either i wait for her at her workplace or she waits for me but its always the highlight of it since i can finally have time for her. until she came back, it wasnt an issue to me at first. i have aera now and i'll focus on her.

when we saw his exboyfriend at the grocery store, it made me insecure. what if she's going to go back to him? what if she doesnt really have feelings for me? but i got comforted by her honest pillow thought, “i have you now..” she muttered in the brink of sleeping and it made me smile, heart doubling its pump as i feel my cheeks heat up. right, other people doesnt matter anymore since we have each other now.

“i entrust her happiness to you..” her mother told me at lunch when aera introduced me to her. smiling widely, i nodded at her, “thank you. i'll try my best to give her all the happiness she deserves.” aera is a lot like her mother, laidback and chill which gave me a relief even though initially, im really nervous in meeting her. “you already got each other's hearts.. all you gonna do is to make it last.” make it last.. of course, i'll keep her.

“you're lucky you picked a good woman..” my mother gave me an approving smile the night she met aera at jess' wedding. when the newly weds shared their first kiss together, i had my eyes on aera. soon, we'll stand there as a husband and wife. it'll be real this time. everything's going well and i couldnt ask for more..

i had to fly abroad to attend a business meeting and just like the last times, mira accompanied me again.  ever since she came back, my father always insists on letting her go with me during out of the country meetings because of the reason that we need to 'get close again like the past times.' i didnt actually told aera about this but i had a hunch that she already noticed but didnt question anymore.