𝐗𝐈𝐗. TIME

CHAPTER NINETEENTIME

CHAPTER NINETEEN
TIME

§ § §

Harry Potter... Giovanna Potter...

I crashed into Harry, who was already stumbling, and we fell to the floor.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion as everyone in the Great Hall looked around worriedly, but I knew the voice was just in everyone's heads.

Thunder rumbled in the fake sky inside the Hall, and a girl across the room screamed. I slowly turned my head to look, seeing as it still felt heavy from the force Voldemort used to speak in it.

Harry grabbed my arm and pulled me over to the girl who was screaming. It was a younger Hufflepuff crouched in the corner, her hands over her ears.

"Shut the bloody hell up," I growled, "Try living with that voice in your head your whole life." I sneered, and then Draco was there, steering me away from the upset girl.

He gave me an exasperated look.

"What?" I exclaimed defensively. "She can't just start screaming bloody murder now. I've had to deal with it for years."

"You need... help," Draco shook his head, but I saw his smirk and the glint in his eyes that told me he agreed with me.

Another person started screaming, and I started to make my way over to them with Harry, but Voldemort started speaking again.

I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is a folly. Give me the Potter twins. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me the Potters, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me the Potters, and you will be rewarded. You have one hour.

The message stopped, and everyone looked shaken up.

"Well," I cleared my throat. "At least he was courteous enough to give us an hour."

A look from Harry signaled that it was not the time.

I looked away form him and saw that the whole Hall was looking at us again. I shrank back against Draco, who took my hand.

"What are you waiting for?" A voice called. A familiar voice. "Someone grab them!" Pansy Parkinson.

I whirled to face her and the other Slytherins. Blaise, Crabbe, Goyle, Nott. A look of betrayal and hurt flashed across my face.

"Pansy- what-" I tried, but I was already being pushed behind Draco, who stepped in front of me.

"Always knew you were rubbish, Parkinson," he scowled.

Pansy bristled. "Always knew you were too weak to stay on the stronger side, Malfoy."

I fought against Draco's grip, but he ignored Pansy and didn't let me go. Instead, I turned to Blaise.