𝙿𝚊𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜 & 𝙳𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜

It was supposed to be a peaceful afternoon like any other, volleyball practice after class and some meat buns on their way home.

But instead of their exhausted bodies on the wooden floor of the gym, their beaten up bodies laid on the ground.

They did their best to protect the girl. But their opponent was too strong.

They didn't see it coming when more reinforcement came in to back up the group who was trying to lay a hand on her.

The known delinquents of Karasuno versus the volleyball team. It was an unfair fight. No one was able to stop them.

Y/N plopped down beside her boyfriend's beaten up body, carefully laying his head on her lap, crying for the state he went through.

He used to look like the toughest one all the time. Until the very end, he lived up to his promise that he'll be her knight in shining armor.

The boys' promised to be her heroes. They risked their lives for her as they lay around unconscious and covered in bruises.

"Y-Y/N-chan... I'm sorry... w-we can't protect you... p-please... tell Kiyoko-san t-that I l-lo..."

A last grunt was heard from Tanaka before he completely lost consciousness and his topless body hit the ground.

"Tanaka-senpai!"

Y/N sobbed as she tried to reach for her senior but she was pulled away by big and strong arms coming from the delinquents.

"No! Please let me go!!"

"Y/N!!!"

"Kei-kun!!!"

Even with his weak body, Kei tried to push himself up but his body is giving up on him with all the bruises and beatings he received.

He can't give up yet. Not while his girl is being taken away from him.

"Y/N!!!!!!!"

Without his glasses, everything comes in a blur. But he can clearly see how Y/N is struggling on their grip and how she's being taken away from him.

How? How did it end up like this?

-----

"Aaah... I'm too tired to go to that class just for those stupid dutiiiieeess... L/N? You're L/N, right?"

Y/N was about to leave the faculty room after submitting their class' workbooks to their Chemistry teacher when one of the English teachers called out to her.

Nakamura-sensei is known to be one of the carefree teachers in Karasuno and also the homeroom teacher of a sophomore class referred to as The Delinquents' Class.

"Yes, Nakamura-sensei."

She bowed to the teacher who's sitting on her swivel chair and her feet on top of the desk.

"Can you go to my class and hand these papers for them to fill out? Also, don't forget to tell them about their garden duties. If you can stay behind to show them how to do ut as well. They're idiots so you can do it. That's all. Go now, child. Chop chop."

The teacher clapped her hands twice then gestured her to go along after handing her a stack of papers.

Y/N doesn't have any other choice but to obey the teacher who went back on reading a manga.

She hummed on her way to the floor where the sophomores are and into the class where she was greeted by two students tackling on the floor and the others cheering on them, and some girls who doesn't really care at all.

The whole class became silent seeing the small girl by their door with the papers in her arms.

"Excuse me. Nakamura-sensei asked me to give these papers and about the garden duㅡ"

"Huuuh?! Who are you, Chibi-chan?"

One of the male students stepped in front of her and pointed her repeatedly which she dodged by stepping backwards until they're out of the room and in the hallway.

Some of the class followed behind him as they stare down at the young girl who doesn't even seem fazed by their intimidation.

Y/N smiled at them and bowed her head.

"I'm L/N Y/N. Nice to meet you, senpai."

They were all taken aback at how the freshman addressed them and that smile like she isn't even scared at stepping on one of the most feared class in the school.

-----

Nishinoya and Tanaka saw the scene unfold before them.

They may be known to be the sophomores who never fear anything, except for their Captain's wrath, but this class is the only one they can't handle.

"We'll see you at the school backyard later, Chibi-chan! Be late or you'll be dead!"

The two heard them threaten their cute underclassman and that settles it, they need to protect her no matter what happens.

"Yu..."

"Ryuu..."

"We need to gather the team. We'll have to prepare for a rescue mission later."

*****

A/N: Suggested by jenjenthanimelover.

xx