forty five

"Fuck..." Lyra groaned lightly, feeling her body throb.

"She's awake!" Someone whisper-yelled.

The bright light shining down right at her face was suddenly blocked with two figures who grinned down at her,

"Hi!" They greeted her simultaneously.

"The fuck.?" Lyra squinted her eyes to see the blurry figures clearer, blinking a few times before her sight went back to normal.

She blinked once, twice, three times, before,

"What the fuck?!" She shot up from her position, regretting it immediately when she felt another shot of pain run through her body, "Shit." She grimaced, before glancing back and forth to the two people she saw.

"Fred? George?"

"Hello Lilith!" They grinned, "Or should we say, Lyra?" Fred smirked, handing out a hand for her to take, before pulling her up to stand.

"Where am I?" She rubbed her eyes, glancing around the white room, full of familiar people.

"Am I dead?" She asked suddenly.

"Yes, yes you are." Fred said, but another voice interrupted, "No, not exactly." Her head snapped to the new voice, and her eyes widened.

"Cedric!" She squealed, running to the figure who died many years ago.

"Hi, Li!" Cedric greeted the girl, pulling her into a tight hug.

"God, I've missed you so much!"

"Missed you too.." The boy smiled softly.

"Why am I here if I'm not dead?" She pulled away from the hug, asking him.

"This is the bridge between Life and Death." Another voice joined, and she turned around to see Harry standing there with a smile on his face.

"Harry." She pulled the boy into a hug.

"We won. You won." He told her, rubbing her back softly.

"How am I not dead? I got hit by a Killing curse.." She trailed off confusedly.

"You have my magical core too, remember? And Lilith's. When you got hit, your old core died from the curse." He explained,

"Yeah.. That make sense.." She nodded in understanding, "Is this where we go when we die?"

"Not technically." Hermione's voice answered her, and she immediately pulled the older girl into a hug.

"This is just a bridge.. When we die.." Hermione glanced to the many figures standing in the room.. "Well you'll find out eventually." She grinned.

"Right now, you're still dead there.. But when you're ready, you just walk to that direction, keep walking.. and you'll wake up." Harry told her.

"Okay." She nodded, before heading off to pull everyone that died in her past life into a hug.

She spent a long time with her old companions, talking about everything that happened, answering questions, just spending time with them.. But she knew she had to go back soon.

"Is it bad that I want to stay here?'" She asked Harry, laying her head onto his shoulder.

"Not at all.. But they still need you there.. Dad needs you.. Sirius, Remus, Peter.. Everyone there needs you." Harry told her, squeezing her arms softly.