Lie

Jimin's P.O.V

When I woke up this morning, I was already a little out of sorts. After what had happened with Jae, although I slept, she never left my head. She flooded my dreams, and in them, we continued where we had left off next to that tree. In fact, we did so much more. So much so it was like a nightmare waking up, and realizing this was the reality.

The reality that she was there, zero inches apart from Jungkook, looking content and peaceful next to him instead of me. I wanted to be the one to hold her at night. I wanted to kiss her, whisper sweet nothings to her, tell her how important to me she is, touch her body, worship it in fact. I had only known her for, what, four days now? Ever since I saw her, I've felt lighter, happier even.

I had never felt this way about anyone, so I was sure it was real. I didn't think I would learn affection in the first place, considering where I grew up but last night confirmed that I had, indeed been harboring something for her. I had almost kissed her; something suddenly came over me and everything inside me was telling me to do it. But I messed it up. She even pretended to sleep when I came back inside, and now I wake up, and I see her in the arms of someone whose family to me? It hurt.

Upon closer inspection, something snapped inside of me when I saw her that close to Jungkook. What was even worse, was that his pheromones were going insane, and her sweet strawberry scent was almost overpowered by his own. I didn't feel like myself, but I didn't care. I didn't notice that Tae had woken up now, and he was right beside me. "Hey...are you okay-"

"No. Do you smell that?" I asked Tae. At first he looked at me all confused, but then his face changed and I knew he knew what I was saying. His expression turned hard, and he couldn't stop staring at them. Jae stirred in her sleep, causing her to stray a little from Jungkook's grip. Tae's voice was low, almost like a growl. "You don't think he.."

Honestly, I didn't know what to think. I just knew in that particular moment, something had shifted inside of me, and there was no stopping it. I stormed out of the tent, clearly in a rage. A small voice inside of me said to stop, but my anger overpowered whatever second thoughts I had. Luckily, I didn't have to wake Namjoon up. He and Jin were already outside, talking amongst themselves. "Jimin? You're up earl-"

"We need to talk." I said with clear anger in my voice. Their expressions immediately changed, knowing full well when I was angry, it was a serious matter. "What is it?" Jin asked, clearly trying to calm me down but I wasn't having it. "Jungkook might have scented Jae." I said with no hesitation. Both their faces turned into either shock or anger, I couldn't tell which. "That's...no he wouldn't do something like that." Namjoon said firmly. He's in denial. Of course he is. Jungkook is the precious youngest. He could do no wrong. It's true, I was often jealous of him, but this was just bringing me over the edge.

I let out a noise of frustration. "His scent is all over her. Go in there and smell it if you don't believe me. Ask Taehyung. He noticed it too."

"Jimin, listen, you need to relax, you're not acting like yourself right now." Jin was trying his best to diffuse the situation but I was already a force to be reckoned with. She was mine. I had decided so last night. She was mine, no one else can have her. It feels so right, she belongs with me. She belongs with me...

I shook my head at this possessive behavior. I knew I was always a little possessive over the people I cared about, but now it was heightened by a thousand.

"Jin, help me gather everyone up. We should have done this last night." Namjoon sighed, and he patted me on the shoulder. "We'll figure it out." was all he said, before he went into the tent to wake Jungkook up. Tae came out soon afterwards, and following Jin out of the other tent was a half awake Hobi and a grumbling Yoongi, saying it was way too early for this shit. As soon as he saw my face however, he froze.