Chapter 24

It was the next day, and Saasha was bored out of her mind. The council had advised her to stay in her and Anakin's quarters to keep her safe until they found out more information. She had finally finished all her studies earlier that morning, which left her with nothing to do.

Her wounds had healed up nicely, thanks to the bacta. She knew bacta worked fast, but she was shocked at exactly how fast the stitches and bacta worked to close and heal the wounds. Her arm still rested in the sling for a bit of support since it was still stiff and sore, but she should hopefully be back to normal soon, according to Kix.

Anakin was seated on a chair in their living room reading while she was sprawled out on the couch. She had nothing to do but lay on the couch and shot her hair elastic at the ceiling, wait for it to come down, catch it with her good arm and repeat the process. This had been going on for about 30 minutes, and it was starting to get on Anakin's nerves.

He wasn't 'banished' to their quarters, but he stayed with her to keep her company, and he didn't have much else to do since the council decided not to assign him to any missions currently. Besides, someone had to keep her out of trouble.

"Squirt, do you seriously have to keep shooting your hair elastic," he asked, eyes still fixated on his reading.

She sighed and caught her hair elastic as it landed in her palm. She didn't shoot it back at the ceiling, but instead, she shot it at Anakin's shoulder.

"Hey," he yelped as the elastic bounced off of him.

"I'm so boreddddddd," she whined, staring back up at the ceiling. "Can I go see Padme or the clones?" she asked.

"Well, I guess if I'm with you, we can go. Let's go to Padme's first. I'll comm her." he replied while standing up. Normally Saasha would argue she could take care of herself, but she knew Anakin and the council would rather be safe than sorry, so she went along with it.

Saasha rolled off the couch but was extra careful of her still injured arm. She crawled on the ground, trying to find her hair elastic while Anakin was in their kitchen comming Padme. She saw the elastic on the ground on the other side of the chair. She went over and reached the elastic and put it around her wrist, still crouched on the floor behind the chair that Anakin was sitting in moments ago.

"Squirt," Anakin called, and she popped her head out from behind the chair like a lava meerkat.

Anakin smiled before continuing, "We can head over to Padme's now. You ready?" he asked.

She nodded her head and rose to her feet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two were riding the elevator car up to Padme's apartment. She wasn't in the senate building because she had today off.

The doors opened with a hiss, and Padme was standing waiting for them.

She instantly went to Saasha first as she hadn't seen her since what had happened.

"How are you holding up, sweetie," she asked while pulling her into a loose embrace, which Saasha returned with her able arm.

"I'm doing alright. I've been better, but I've also been worse," she said with a small smile as they pulled apart.

"The Republic is doing everything we can right now," Padme reassured.

"Thank you," she replied, to which Padme returned with her signature smile.

"How have you been holding up, General Skywalker?" Padme asked. Before Anakin could respond, Saasha cut in.

"You two can cut the formalities. I won't tell anyone." She rolled her eyes with a smile on her face as she walked towards the couches and away from the lift.