2 - The Boggart

The next day was the first day of lessons and needless to say you wanted to keep your attention on work as much as possible due to your upcoming exams. You wanted to succeed with them so your Dad had something to be happy about and hopefully, one day you'd be able to take care of him with the money you make in life. This goal, however, was going to prove rather difficult with Sirius Black around. It was almost like it was his destiny to make your life hell and continue to make digs at you every second of every day. 

The first lesson of the day was Care of Magical Creatures which made you immensely happy not to mention you also had Defence Against the Dark Arts today which was another subject you excelled in. You were currently sat in the Great Hall with the girls eating breakfast when The Marauders came striding over. 

"Do you ever stop reading?" Sirius asked as he took a seat opposite you, gesturing to the book you were flicking through as you ate. 

"Do you ever stop being a prat?" You fired back not even looking at Sirius. Your words made James and the rest of The Marauders smile and try and suppress a peal of laughter. Their actions earnt them a glare from their friend. 

"She has a point," Marlene added. "You are a bit of a prat." 

"I am not -" 

"You can be," Remus added before turning to you. "(y/n)? You up for a revision session in the library tomorrow?" 

"Of course." You looked up from your book and sent a smile his way which only worsened Sirius's mood. He was about to speak and single you out for acknowledging Remus rather than him when a group of students came walking over, sneering at the Gryffindor table. 

"Potter! (y/l/n)!" A group of Slytherins began walking towards you all.

Everyone knew who these boys were. They gave the entire Slytherin house a bad name with their old-fashion views but despite their sexist comments they made, they were captained by Emma Vanity who would always hit the boys around the head with her own broom if she caught them. 

"Hope your glasses work during the game Potter," One of the beaters Jason Shelby called to James. "you're gonna need them to see the Bludger I am at your skull." 

"Hope your brain cells work Jason," You said, not taking your eyes off your book once again. "you're gonna need them to work out how many points that'll be deducted off Slytherin for all the fouling you boys do." 

The Gryffindor table broke out into a fit of muffled laughter, even a few nearby Slytherins and Ravenclaws were trying to suppress their laughter. They knew you were right. Everyone knew that Gryffindor and Slytherin had an age-old rivalry since the dawn of time. They were arguably the houses with the biggest egos which often led to a lot of disturbances, especially during a house match. Jason was one of the beaters on the team who made it his mission to land every Gryffindor in the hospital wing during a match. It made matters worse that the boy was so persistent in getting you to go out with him.

"You know (y/n)," Jason dropped down to the bench and sat down beside you, pushing the book you were once reading aside. "you have my word that if you go to Hogsmeade with me I'll make sure we don't injure any precious Gryffindor players."

"Leave her be Shelby." To your surprise, Sirius was the one defending you but then again, he wasn't on the Gryffindor Quidditch team meaning he didn't have to worry about landing an overnight stay in the hospital. 

"Stay out of this brother." Regulus was standing alongside the rest of the Slytherin team other than their captain. 

At his younger brothers words, Sirius's expression went dark. It was evident the two of them didn't get along for a reason which was unknown to you. You didn't dare to ask Sirius, anytime you could avoid a conversation with him you did so. Regulus was in Slytherin and Sirius was in Gryffindor so perhaps the brother's egos got in the way of their relationship. You never knew there was a problem with the brothers until last year when Gryffindor played Slytherin.