[ 𝟎𝟐𝟔 ] 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥

___________________________________

𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

"You've got a good nose," The Handler states as Lila was fidgeting under my foot, begging to be let up.

"You know, planting her in a psych ward, taking advantage of my simpleton brother, that was smart," I admit.

"Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree," The Handler says, looking at Lila then back at me.

"She's your—"

"Daughter. Yes," Handler admits, "And she's my only one, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't crush her windpipe." I look at Y/n then back at Lila, and I lift my foot off her throat and she gets up.

"I am so going to enjoy killing you someday," Lila leans close to me, but Y/n steps in front of her and her irises flash f/c.

"Not if I kill you first. Which actually won't be to hard because you're pretty weak," she smirks and Lila backs away.

"Lila, darling, would you give us a minute, please?" The Handler looked towards her daughter.

"Yes, the grown-ups need to talk," I grin. She rolls her eyes like a brat, starting to walk away, kicking a can for added effect.

"I'm not really included in your guys drama, so I'll take my leave then," Y/n starts to turn around, but the Handler stops her.

"No, you can stay. I've been dying to meet you."

Y/n clicks her tongue. "Fine." And she walks back to my side.

"What is it you want?" I ask, leaning forward—hands behind my back.

"Do you like jazz, Five?" she moves forward, taking the cigarette out of her mouth.

"I'd rather lick a cheese grater," I blankly state.

"Aww," she utters, starting to walk around Y/n and I, "Jazz is like a beautiful woman, take Y/n for example," she places her hands on Y/n's shoulders.

"Never touch me," Y/n looks at her with f/c irises and her eyes widen as she rapidly takes her hands off her shoulders.

Clearing her throat in awkwardness, she proceeds, "Complex, emotional, hard to please. She doesn't just give it to you. . . she makes you work for it."

"I'm really hoping your going somewhere with this," I advise.

"Under my leadership, the Commission would sound more like. . . jazz." she whispers the last part, starting to mimic jazz music.

"And what about the board of directors?"

I state, walking towards her. "Well, that's when the two of you come in." she boops me on the nose, about to boop Y/n, but she catches her hand.

"Nope. No, it isn't," I shake my head.

She yanks her hand out of Y/n's grip. "In exchange for the assassination of the board, I'm willing to get you and your family out of this timeline and back to 2019 where you belong," she spoke.