20. Proud family

"You and me will always be tight (Be tight)
Family every single day and night (Day and night)
Even when you start acting like a fool (Fool)
You know I'm loving every single thing you do (Do)"

~Destineys child and Solange

Kennedy banks pov

•Los Angeles California •

"Oh my god look at all these palm trees !" my mother gasps and snaps a picture on her phone "and this sun " she snaps another picture

"Ma did you just take a picture of the sun ? " I laugh at her and shake my head .We made it to LA and now we're outside waiting on our Uber to pull up so we can go to durks house .

California is so beautiful and everyone here is so nice . Nice weather , happy people , this is definitely a step up from Chicago?it's just crowded as hell .

"Ooouu Kennedy I think I see Barack Obama over there " my mom points and takes a picture of a random crowd . Her excitement has been through the roof ever since we got off the plane . She been taking a picture of everything and hoping she sees a celebrity. Aint no damn Barack Obama out here .

"Mom that's the security for lax please chill " I laugh at her "now where is this Uber ?it's hot and we dressed for Chicago " I groan getting my phone and checking the app .

"I don't think it's coming "

I hear a deep voice behind me . I turn around and a big smile covers my face

"Durkkk ! " I yell and give him a hug . I haven't seen him in person in a while and I've honestly missed him so much .

"Wassup ken " he smiles then pulls away and looks at our mother "hey ma " he mumbles .
I look between the two waiting for a response anxiously.

They haven't had a real conversation since that night she kicked him out and their relationship was already on ice before that so they haven't had a positive interaction with each other in years . I'm kind of nervous and I can tell Durk is to .

"Hey son " she smiles and pulls him into her chest for a hug " I've missed you " she says

I sigh in relief and wipe the sweat off my head "oh thank god " i blurt out

"Right " Durk laughs "had a nigga kind of nervous "

We laugh at him and he grabs our bags and leads us to the car . "Where's india and willow ? " I ask him

" they in the car , I ain't know how ma was gone act and I ain't Want them to see me getting cussed out" he answers and my mother and I laugh

"I am not that bad " she shakes her head