5.3 The Spoiled B*tch Takes Over the World

"I guess I should go to the adventurers guild and sign myself up" Piper sat on a bed inside the inn room she had rented for a day. The inn room was small and pretty crappy, but it was cheap and provided free breakfast.

Yesterday, she had left the duke's manor without trouble, but she actually hadn't thought about what to do afterward. She hadn't planned her journey too much.

"I'm hungry, let's grab the free breakfast before leaving, hehe" Piper didn't eat too much dinner yesterday after creating the big commotion so she was starving quite a bit. She went out of her room with her bag and went up to the bar to receive her free breakfast.

"Today we are serving freshly baked bread with some root vegetable soup. I hope you enjoy" The waitress smiled at Piper and gave her a bowl of soup along with some bread. The waitress had never seen someone so beautiful before. Most of the visitors of the inn were either burly adventurers or traveling merchants. It was not often a pretty young lady would visit them.

"Thank you" Piper smiled gracefully and took a sip of the soup, "Wah!". It had been such a long time she ate something so delicious that she almost shed a few tears. In just a few minutes everything was finished. She got up and left the inn after leaving a tip to the waitress and the chef.

Piper walked through the busy market whilst looking for the adventurers guild. She walked for about 10 minutes before she found it.  When she entered she saw quite many people drinking and laughing. Most of them had weapons on their backs or holding big staffs. It truly looked like a scene straight from a fantasy world.

She walked up to the receptionist with a smile, "I would like to register for an adventurer ID"

The receptionist smiled somewhat doubtfully while handing Piper a document, "Fill in these forms, and then you will be given an E-rank ID"

"Ok," Piper wrote down different info such as name, age, prior experience, and other useless information. She thought about what name to use since she didn't want the name "Briar" and decided she would go with Breeze. After handing in the document she soon got an ID with her name and rank stated on it. 

"Missions are hung up on that board and the difficulty is displayed on the top right corner of the paper. For your safety, we recommend taking a mission with similar difficulty as your rank. Just rip off the mission of the board and come back with the required items or evidence with the paper to receive your awards. You can go to any adventurers guild to receive the reward as long as it's located in the same country."

"Yes, thank you so much" Piper went up to the board and looked through the missions. Most of them were under C-rank, but there were still a few A-rank missions and B-rank missions. On top of the board, there was even an S-rank mission. This guild was the capital's main adventurer guild so there were more A-rank missions than usual.

Piper looked at the missions a little more before picking a D-rank mission. It was simple and required you to pick some herbs. Usually, these types of missions were E-rank but this one was harder due to the fact that the herbs required were located outside of a goblin cave. 

Soon after she made her way to the location with the help of a map she bought at the market. She had also bought a bag to put the herbs and a knife. The paper had come with a small drawing of the herb. It looked like any plant out there with small purple flowers. Luckily there were not many different plants here, so piper was quickly able to find the plant.

She had to collect around 10-20 stalks of herbs to complete the mission. The more she collected, the more money she would get. She quickly got to work and after around 20 minutes she had already met the quota, "Luckily, there are so many herbs here that they just never seem to end"