Phase Two of Operation Confrontation

Normal POV

His brow arched,"I beg your pardon?", he asked, confused by what he'd heard.

Aria clamped her hands over her mouth. She couldn't believe that she'd said it; her bewildered stupor, the man had shoved her off of him and back onto the ground, but she didn't seem to care still looking at the man.

There he was. Frederick Henry Leopold, dressed down to the nines in a stark straight suit, standing right in front of her; Aria prayed this wasn't just a figment of her imagination.

He had dark hair or so she hoped, her tinted sunglasses making it hard to tell. He had crinkles in the corners of his eyes. 'The corner of his eyes crinkle in the cutest ways possible.' One of his eyes were a warm brown while the other was a mix of brown and sky blue; it was crazy how identical her eyes were to his.

He had a short beard with a flat serious expression which made her believe he wasn't a fan of smiling in his everyday life. He was tall, probably taller then her and obviously taller than her mother. She smiled at the mental image of her mother and father; they were probably a super cute couple. She mentally promised herself to get that back one day.

"Now does someone mind telling me what the hells going on here?", the man asked incredulously with a raised brow.

The garbage bag of a human was the first to speak up,"Mister Frederick, this American tried to storm the house claiming she's your daughter.", he accused pointing the finger at Aria and for a second she considered biting it off. "She's clearly a liar"

"I'll have you know Memphis Blake didn't raise a liar!", she defended, clearly offended by his words,"and my name's Aria, use it!" She didn't even know his name, but she hated him more than anyone or anything in her life; even her little cousins.

She was too distracted with anger to notice Frederick's double take,"Did you just say Memphis is your mother?", he asked, clearly shaken at the mention of the name.

"Yeah", Aria huffed in aggravation before realizing what she had said. She looked over at her father to see him as white as a ghost. 'Shit', she cursed to herself; she was trying to avoid giving him a heart attack, but it seemed like she fucked that up to.

She gather her things, at least attempting to fix the mess she'd made. She stumbled to her feet, trying to wipe the dirt off of her hands,"I really didn't want us to meet like this but oh well", she offered her hand to him to take,"I'm Aria, your daughter", she said slowly, a warm smile on her face.

Aria had been waiting for this moment all her life and here it was.

Frederick slowly looked at her, actually taking her in for the first time. She could see the shock and awe in them and even something else that she couldn't identify

"That's impossible", he responded simply, shaking his head at the very notion of the idea,"I'm sorry, but you must be mistaken."

It felt as if ice water had been poured over her head at his words, but Aria didn't come this far to give up this easily. She put on a brave front, standing in front of her father,"If you don't believe me look", she unfolded the picture, holding it our for him,"this is the picture my mom gave me that someone balled up.", she explained, glaring at the guard, biting back a laugh when he jumped.

Frederick took the picture from her and could see the tattoos peeking out from under his sleeve. "To remember this of course." He looked at the image, his eyes going wide for a millisecond before he corrected it, but Aria saw it.

"Spring of '96", he read aloud, his words trailing off as he read the text below. Without her prompting, he flipped over the picture already knowing what was on the backside.

"I have another if you want to see it", Aria offered frantically, starting to rummage through her bag again. In her rushed movement, her sunglasses had fallen off, but she thought nothing of it as he held the other picture out to him.

"Here."

She stretched her hand out, but no matter how far she reached, he wouldn't take it. She covered her forehead to shield her head from the sun to find the man's blank expression now consorted. He looked bewildered, as if he'd seen a ghost.

Aria wasn't the only one to notice this, the unnamed meathead looking on in confusion,"Sir?", he questioned cautiously.

This seemed to be enough to pull the politician from whatever stupor had captivated him,"Um n- no", he said suddenly, answering her question from earlier.

He cleared his throat before shaking his head again,"No need for that", he decided finally tearing his eyes away from Aria, clenching the picture in his hand,"Do come inside."

With those words, he nodded at the guard before turning on his heels and going into the gate. Aria shrugged at the baffled guard before following the man inside.