25

Judd

The team made it to the Superbowl and I've never been more excited. Or more nervous. Lexi has helped me tremendously the past few weeks in preparation.

She's cooked, cleaned, taken care of me, and massaged my muscles every time I came home. I've never appreciated her more and I'd do everything I can to make sure she knows just how much she means to me.

"Good luck baby. Please, please, please, be safe," Lexi says, holding my hands. I lean down and kiss her forehead.

"I always am. Just for you," I remind her with a smile. She grins up at me and I lean down, kissing her.

"But most importantly, have so much fun and kick some ass," she smiles, lifting her arms and hugging me. I lift her up so I can hold her better, relishing the feeling. This is all I need just before a game. In fact, I'd say this is my pregame ritual. One big hug and a kiss from my girl.

"I'll see you soon," I tell her, setting her down.

"I'll be watching the whole time," she tells me, kissing me one last time. I walk into the building and get to the locker room, putting my headphones on. I stretch out, running a few yards to get my muscles loose.

"Ready?" I hear my teammate call, my head nodding.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I say back, getting back to the locker room. I talk to a few of the guys and I start to get dressed.

I take deep breaths each move I make, preparing my lungs for the running. There are a few techniques I've learned throughout the years that help and I hate calling them superstitions, but it seems as if they are.

We run out onto the field and I start jumping, loosening my muscles some more. I talk with a few of my teammates and I get ready for the game, getting my mindset ready. There's a lot going on in my mind, and I need to focus on the game.

The game starts and I feel the adrenaline start as soon as I get out on the field. The plays I run are good, but our team needs to be stronger together.

We keep going through the first quarter and we're down by three. We've still got a long way to go and plenty of time to get ready. It's only the beginning.

I sack the quarterback seconds into the second quarter and I cheer, my teammates huddling around me. That felt so good. We keep going to end up leading by seven as we enter halftime.

We talk in the locker room and I re-tape my wrists, getting better stabilization before going back into the game. I take a deep breath and sigh, the team starting to get out of the locker room and back to the field. So before I go, I reach in my bag and grab the box.

"Hold onto this for me," I tell my coach, a smile taking over his face.

"This better keep up your game," he says, holding it up before putting it in his pocket.

"Trust me, it will," I say, walking out onto the field.

We start the next quarter and I stand on the sidelines, talking to a few other linebackers before we get back into the game. I run out onto the field and get in my stance. The play starts and I run out, following the receiver I'm covering.

The ball is thrown out and the receiver my teammate's covering fumbles the ball, so I run to grab it and run. I run as fast as I can and I get to the endzone, falling as an opponent falls into me.

I don't get up, simply because I'm basking in the fact I just scored in the Superbowl. I scored a touchdown in the fucking Superbowl. My teammate helps me up and I jump, his arm catching me as we cheer.

We lead going into the fourth quarter and we score another touchdown, leading comfortably with a few minutes left in the game. The clock winds down and we end up winning, and I've never felt so happy before. And if the night goes as planned, it's about to get better.

I hug a few of my teammates, shaking hands with some of the other team. It's a feeling of elation; I'm on cloud nine.

My coach comes up to me and hands me the box, my hand tucking it into the chest part of my pads.

Then I see a security guard escorting Lexi to the field and she runs to me, hugging me tightly. My arms are so tight around her and she tells me over and over how proud she is of me. I'm unable to formulate any words to even begin to express how I'm feeling. I can't speak.

I set her down and I grab her face, kissing her quickly.

"I'm so fucking happy," I tell her, her eyes brimmed with tears. We're so happy and I'm not going to stop here.

"Lexi," I say, getting down on one knee. Immediately, I hear the crowd get louder and I see us on the jumbotron. I look up at her and her doe eyes are staring into mine, her hands coming to her face.

"Will you marry me?" I breathe out, smiling so hard my face is damn near in pain. She says yes immediately and I stand up, hugging her tightly. I grab the ring and I move it onto her finger, her hands grabbing my face. She kisses me and I hold her close, feeling so complete.

My life is perfect and I can't wait for what's to come. All I know is Lexi is always going to be by my side, and I will always stand by her forever. She's mine and I will protect her with my life, and always make sure that what we're feeling right now, is how we feel forever. 

(Thanks for reading! This was just a fun spin-off idea I had and I hope you enjoyed!)