Settling Into the Manor

Aria POV

To say I was exhausted was once again, an understatement. Grandma Annissa had managed to stuff me with sweets in true grandmother fashion and for a second I thought she was trying to Hansel&Gretel me or something.

Frederick and the others had stayed behind in his office, talking about me no doubt. I really didn't mind though, it was nice to do something other than talk about how he knocked up my mom and abandoned her, never looking back.

Hard feelings aside, now she was escorting me to the bedroom that they had made for me.

The older woman stopped outside of two large white doors, taking the handles in her hands,"I do hope you find the room up to pare, if I had known you'd be here I'd have something special put together", as she said this, Grandma opened the doors to what I could only call heaven.

I was absolutely shook. Was this really my room?

I turned back to Annissa, my jaw still dropped,"Th- This...is my room."

She nodded, quietly stepping over to me,"Is everything alright? I can find a room closer to the front of the house if you prefer a view?"

I just looked at her in complete disbelief. All of this? Just for me? I couldn't stop myself, but throwing my arms around her and hugging her as tight as I could.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!"

"You're uh welcome, dear", she squeaked out and I realized she probably couldn't breath.

"Sorry sorry", I said, loosening my hold,"guess I don't know my own strength."

"A little word of advice?", she told me pulled away from me, discomfort written across her face. She must not been used to touching. "We're British dear", she informed, taking a step back from me,"we only show affection to dogs and horses."

I dropped my hands back to my sides,"My bad", I apologized. 'Mental note: no hugs.', I told myself. I wondered if Frederick was the same way.

Grandma offered her hand and it took me a moment to realize what she wanted. I took her hand and shook it, careful not to hurt her. Her hands looked so dainty and doll like compared to mine.

"Well I'll leave you to unpack, dear", she told me before turning to make her exit,"when you're finished I'd like for you to meet me out back if you are able."

I nodded and she left, shutting the doors behind herself.

Once I was alone in my own personal place, I did what anyone would do. I flopped down on the large bed, staring up at the beautifully detailed ceiling. I wrapped my arms around myself; the worlds biggest smile on my face.

I can't believe I actually found my dad.

* * * * * *

Normal POV