𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚 (2)

wilburs car pulled into the piercers parking lot with ease.

he opens the door for me, and i step out onto the wet pavement, following him to the door or the parlor.

i sit down on a black couch while wilbur talks to the the person at the counter.

i take in the atmosphere of the place.

there was incense lit on the counter, filling the room with a sweet-smokey smell.

there were pictures of some of the tattoos the artist had sketched on the wall, and there was a case containing jewelry you had to purchase for piercings.

i stand up and walk over to the case slowly. i just wanted a simple, basic barbell for what i was getting done.

i feel wilbur walk up behind me, and he leans down to look with me.

"you decide on what jewelry?" he asks, giving me a pat on the back.

i nod, pointing to the barbell, and he returns to the counter, informing the person of my choice.

i watch as they type a few things into the computer, and ask wilbur a few questions, before reaching into the case and asking me to come back into a small room.

i look at wilbur with pleading eyes, and he understands what i mean immediately.

he grabs my hand, walking with me.

my hands shake as the piercer enters the room.

we'd been waiting for a few minutes before he came, which allowed wilbur some time to try and calm me down, telling me that it wouldn't hurt that bad, and that it would be over in seconds.

the piercer and i make some small talk as he prepares his needle, and puts a towel in my lap, so i wouldn't drool all over myself.

after a few moments, he finally settles in front of me with the needle in one hand.

"are you ready?" he asks, and i nod, already beginning to tear up.

he nods back to me, and i grip wilburs hand.

he lifts my tongue gently and sets the clamp up quickly. "deep breath." he states, and i follow what he says.

the needle goes through my tongue quicker than i thought it would, and i gasp slightly, avoiding the urge to reach up and grab his hand.

"good job" wilbur says beside me, watching with a disgusted-awe as he replaces the needle with the barbell.

-

after the piercer had given me instructions on how to do the aftercare, and to come see him in three weeks for a size-down, wilbur and i left.

we drove in silence, before he pulled into macdonalds and ordered me something cold.

i gave him a wide smile when he handed it to me, and began to eat it slowly.

it helped with the soreness slightly, but not much.

my low pain tolerance had made it so i couldn't even talk without my mouth being in pain, so i decided just to not speak.

-

when wilbur and i arrive home, everyone crowds around me, asking me how it was, and what i got done.

niki's eyes skim over me gently, and she turns my head to the side a few times.

"they didn't get anything done?" she asks, her eyebrows furrowed.

i shake my head, opening my mouth and showing my friends the new piercing.

the room fills with "ooo's" as they step closer, and i nod, feeling proud that id actually gone through with it.

-

later in the evening, everyone except tommy had retreated.

lani had returned to her parents' home, niki and wilbur to their apartments, and toby to his room, for some much needed rest.

tommy sighs, "i should probably go shower really quick, if im staying here tonight." he says, and i nod.

he gives me a smile, leaning down for a quick kiss.

i shake my head, pointing to my mouth.

he frowns, making a little whiny noise.

"for how lonngggg" he groans, crossing his arms.

"three weeks" i manage out, giving him a gentle smile.

he just shakes his head, and gets up to retreat to my bathroom.

"i love you!" i call as he reaches the hallway.

"i love you more."

-

fin.