ex-king

Dream's POV:

As he sat on his throne, his best friend ran into the room, worriedly. Dream was king, had been king, always king. He challenged the previous demon who had the throne when he was only twelve. He was fifteen now, probably the youngest king to ever hold the throne.

He had a power, the power to store his anger and convert it into strength. All his pain, all his anger, everything, became his power.

"Someone's here to see you," his best and closest friend told him, his eyes laced with fear.

"What," Dream asked, hopping off the chair, running up to his friend.

"Someone's here to challenge you, he wants the crown, he wants to fight you"

Dream smirked, rolling his fingers into a ball. 

"Easy," he said, stepping out of the room. Sapnap, the friend, couldn't shake off the feeling something bad was about to happen, but he reluctantly followed Dream.

"Where is he?" Dream smiled cockily, as his eyes met the man who challenged him.

He inwardly laughed, nodding his head.

"Bring it on," he said, pulling out his sword. 

But to his surprise, the challenger brought one from behind them too.

"Good luck," the challenger said, but Dream laughed it off. 

"Go" he ran at the challenger with his sword, but the challenger blocked every shot.

The crowd was surprised, no one ever found someone that had equal skill to their king.

Eventually, Dream was pinned down, sword to his neck.

He felt a hint of fear, but he pushed against the sword, it slightly piercing into his neck.

He stared at his fingers and decided to use his pointed nails to his advantage.

He slashed the challenger's face, but his face fell when he noticed the challenger's blood was of an irregular color.

Acid.

Dream's face burnt from the acid, and he clutched it in terrible pain.

The challenger held the sword tighter into his neck, but his face was bleeding heavily.

He stared deeply into the challenger's eyes before they morphed into defeat.

The challenger stood shocked, loosening the sword from the neck. 

"I won."

The crowd cheered for the challenger, who left Dream lying on the floor in agony.

Sapnap ran to his friend, helping him up, but Dream's consciousness was slowly fading away.

He felt himself being carried up, leaning against his friend's shoulder, as he limped away from the castle.

He found himself in an empty ruined house, and Sapnap put him on the old rusted sofa.

"Dream, I know you're going to be mad at me but"

"But what," he said, his voice scratchy.

"I made a new friend."

"And why the h*ll would I be mad at you for that" he cried out in pain, as Sapnap dished him.

"No time to explain, but he's a witch, back on earth, and he can help you"

"You've been to Earth" he scowled, but the pain was too much.

"Dream, please," he said, not looking at him. He turned to a device, which started to glow.