1| Cherie

Chapter 1: Cherie (Evelyn's POV)

"Thank you for your purchase, please come again," I smiled, closing the register. 

"You know I will, honey," Ms. Kate smiled. She's a regular. 

"Enjoy your day, Ms. Kate." 

She walked out, the bell on the door chiming with her exit the way it did upon her entrance. 

"Next!" I called out. "Mr. Hilton, how can I help you?" I asked. 

"I need to pick up my wife's dress, sweetie," he smiled. 

"One moment please," I grinned, going into the back room and grabbing the bag with his wife's name card on it. I brought it out, did the total, and put the receipt inside. "Two-hundred," I smiled. 

Money here is called Lunar. Don't ask, you won't get it. It's our currency, let's just leave it at that. I grew up here, so I get it. But I understand the dollar system, it was taught in school. Lunar is like dollar. And Lunai is like cents. Just take that and go. Thankfully, it's not too different from the dollar system. A dollar would be a Lunar. So this dress that his wife bought was two hundred dollars. 

"Two hundred?" he asked, wide-eyed. 

"What can I say, sir? My mother stitched it herself," I shrugged. 

He chuckled, taking out his wallet, paying me in cash. 

Credit cards? Never heard of them. But the king says they're working on it. As if. 

"Have a great day," I smiled as he took the bag and left. "Next!" 

"I'm looking for a floral dress for myself," a lady smiled. She is a new customer because I know everyone in this town and she is not a citizen. 

"I'm Evelyn, you are?" I asked. 

"Cruella," she answered. 

DeVille?

 "May I know your size or a little more about the dress you're looking for?" 

"Well, I would like a floral dress preferably in a shade of pink, perhaps with mesh sleeves. My size would be a medium." 

"All right, come with me." I left the counter, leading her to the left-hand side of the boutique where we kept dresses. The right side mostly has gowns. "And this is a dress you're looking for, not a gown?" 

"Yes, a dress." 

I stopped at the floral section, showing her each and every dress. "How about this one?" 

"This is purple, I'm looking for pink," she scoffed. 

Okay, DeVille. 

"We do have pink ones, ma'am, however, I should tell you purple is suited far better for your skin tone." 

She looked at me quizzically. 

"Your skin is a little on the cooler side, a cool color would complement you more. Moreover, the sleeves of this dress are mesh, like you prefer but it sinches at the waist for an hourglass illusion. It would look very lovely on you," I smiled. "Perhaps you can try it?" I handed it to her and guided her to the dressing rooms. While she changed, I went back to the counter, quickly doing the billing for two more customers. "Mr. Albert, hello, what can I do for you?" I grinned. 

Mr. Albert is on the council member board of the royal family here, the Grimaldi's. His wife runs a restaurant not too far and he is very rich. And very lovely. "I would like to buy a dress for my wife. We have dinner with some guests this weekend."