Chapter Seventeen: Evangeline White

"The bitch is gone!" Colson cheers as he lifts his glass in excitement. I just finished explaining the situation that went down with the vile woman and he is very happy about the development. I am too, selfishly so, but I am still worried about how Riley is really feeling. She's a trained MI6 agent, she knows how to hide from me and I need to figure her out and help her as best I can.

She has been pretty distracted though, all the women have, spending all of their time gossiping and discussing hairstyles and makeup. I've been there for two whole days listening to all of it so I'm grateful to have escaped it all and just hang out at Simon's place with good food, good alcohol and good cigars. 

"The bitch is gone!" We all return, smashing our shot glasses together and downing them. We finished the four course meal about twenty minutes ago, served by Simon's in-home chef, and I'm stuffed. I did have thirds of the cheesecake though so the blame is on me. 

"Luiz! I need this from you, I don't have a clue what it is or what is does, nor do I care. I just need one delivered to the club at some point before next Thursday." 

"Whatever you need, Genie!" He picks up the bottle of tequila and drinks it, glugging down at least three shots in one go. He then does a really dramatic shiver before the drunken smile spreads across his face as he looks at us. "Let's go to the club." The others are equally intoxicated and I'm swept along with them to the limo. 

I smoke one of the cigars on the way to the club so I'm quite high by the time we get there. I'm still the most sober though and we're let in immediately, bypassing the long line. "You secure the alcohol, I'll secure the booth!" Malcolm shouts over the music. He comes out of his shell properly when we get him started on the champagne so we had the chef pop a bottle open the minute we arrived, it's always way too much fun when he's drunk. 

"I need a bottle of tequila, a bottle of scotch and a bottle of champagne please love." I ask the bartender as he surveys my body. I lean forward a little further so he can see my cleavage and he quickly starts preparing my drinks, handing them over with a dopey grin on his face. I hand him the cash and leave, giving him nothing in return.

"Yes!" Colson snatches the tequila, Malcolm takes the champagne and Simon takes the scotch. They all then struggle to open the bottles, too inebriated to do basic tasks like that. They pout and pass the bottles back. "Thanks!" Is all I hear from Colson before his lips are permanently attached to the tequila bottle. 

Malcolm and Simon copy him with their own alcohol so I turn to Luiz in amusement. A deep based song starts to play and Luiz wiggles his eyebrows, I try to convince him not to do it but the idiot swings me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes and carries me to the dancefloor. The others do nothing but laugh as I'm dropped back on my feet and twirled. 

"You're lucky I like this song!" Luiz laughs and drags me back to him, moving my hips along with his. I lose myself in the music, alcohol flowing through my veins as Luiz and I move together. After a few songs, the others finally find their way out to us and start dancing like idiots. All three of them have no concept of rhythm, they try and copy Luiz and I but fail spectacularly.

Meaning I spend at least three quarters of an hour just laughing at their awful dance moves. They look like deranged birds and they're so drunk that they find it endlessly amusing. I pull Colson closer to me, helping him move to the beat by allowing him to move with me. "I don't know how you pull your ladies, Col." 

He laughs, throwing his head back as he shouts the lyrics wrong. I'm still laughing when Simon picks me up this time, all of us heading back to the booth to take a breather. "I can't handle you lot. You own nightclubs and none of you can dance."

"I'll have you know that I can waltz." Malcolm says, wagging his finger in what he thinks is my direction when it's really not, making me laugh even harder. 

"Yeah, we can waltz." Colson copies his actions, more cross-eyed though because he's been drinking more for longer. "I have an important question Genie." 

"Oh no." I reply playfully, pouring myself a glass of champagne and leaning back in my seat.

"You haven't been scoping for a man in this place even though you haven't had sex in months, I think you've got yourself a boyfriend." They all look at me in determination, I figure there's really no point in hiding it anyway so I just smile in response. "That's a loved-up smile, boys. We are in business."

Luiz squeals like he normally does and scoots to the edge of the couch, almost falling off of it in his desperate attempt to close the gap between us. "I don't have a boyfriend." I keep my tone dry, giving them no extra ammunition to rip into me because this is an awkward enough conversation without it.

"Even if he's not your boyfriend, he has you whipped and loyal already." Simon points out and I consider smashing the closest glass on his head. 

"I just don't find anyone else attractive at this point in time." All four jaws drop. I've never said that before, I may not be considered the whore of the group - Colson has earned that title - but I definitely wasn't a one man woman for a long time. "If you saw him, you'd understand." I try and justify so that we can brush this whole thing under the rug. 

"Who is that?" Luiz drawls, looking over my shoulder at the door. I watch as the biker couples - including my daughters - walk in, Mac right behind them.

"Oh my God." I mumble, tucking myself further into the couch. 

"Not important, this is my favourite song." Luiz tackles me again, carrying me back to the dancefloor while I try and drink champagne upside down. I forget about the new guests seconds after touching the dancefloor, both of us returning to our usual moods. He tries to drink my champagne but I hold it away from him, his hands landing on my waist instead. 

He flicks my nose and twirls me away, almost making me spill my drink. "Disgraceful behaviour, Luiz. This champagne is expensive." I scold, flicking his nose right back in contempt. A Nickelback song then starts playing and he screams along to the lyrics with no shame. "Simon!" I holler, thanking God that he's come to save me from the caterwauling. "Did you bring the alcohol with you?"

"Nope. I'll babysit this one, you get more alcohol." I frown, I swear we go through alcohol too quickly and I never get a look in on it. I make my way back to the bar, swinging myself up onto one of the stools to wait for the bartender to come back.

"Hello pretty lady."

"Goodbye ugly dude." I shove his face away as it was uncomfortably close and I can feel his glare burrowing into my brain. I don't give him the attention and grab the bottle of champagne from the bartender with badly disguised glee. "Thanks!" I throw him a few hundred bucks and pop it open, pouring myself a heavy helping. "Oh, you're still here." 

"I don't appreciate being rejected." 

"Get used to it, buddy. You don't have the looks or the voice for instant pick ups. Have fun." I hop off the stool and head back to Malcolm and Colson, ignoring Luiz and Simon who are still embarrassing themselves on the dancefloor. "Ooh, I'll call a car for this idiot." I tell Malcolm, watching as Colson basically folds in half and groans.

Oops?