Part 25 - A talk with 'Dad'

* Hadrian's POV *
After sitting around the fire and talking everyone began heading to bed. After a while everyone had gone to bed so I decided to join them, I walked in and got changed into my Pjs and climbed into bed. I tossed and turned but couldn't get comfortable, after a while I gave up and looked to Tom's bed only for my gaze to be met. "Cant sleep either kitten?", he whispered, I smiled and stood up walking over to his bed. He opened the blanket with a smirk that I ignored as I got in and cuddled up to him.

I woke up to Tom lightly kissing my face and smiled "Morning kitten, we've got to get up we have double DADA first", smiling I got up and got ready. Once I was finished a walked into the common room where Tom was stood talking to Bella with a group of squealing girls sat eyeballing him in the corner. Rolling my eyes I walked over to Tom, grabbed his arm and walked out out of the common room for breakfast. Just before we got to the main hall he stopped me "Kitten are you jealous of those nobody's". I looked up at him, he had a little smile and it made me blush "maybe", he leaned down to kiss me and whispered in my ear "don't be, they've got nothing on my kitten".

Smiling I held his hand and walked into the great hall, as usual the news of our 'engagement' had reached all houses and everyone. Ignoring the glares and whispers I sat down at the head of Slytherin smiling when the first years moved down. A few minutes later Bella walked up and glared at me "What the hell was that! You left me and bloody Greengrass came over! She wouldn't stop babbling on about this new dress and her new make up, she's so lucky I only hexed her once!". I laughed slightly as she sat down in a huff "I'm sorry Bella, I'll make it up to you", she smiled and I didn't like it "oh I know exactly how", Everyone else laughed and went back to chatting.

Just as we were about to leave the hall for DADA, Mr and Mrs Perfect Parents walked over to us, we were all grabbing our bags and standing. They stood in front of us and immediately the twins moved to my side and Bella with Barty on Tom's side. Lily looked nervous "Can we talk to our son in private please?", I smiled and she looked more relaxed "Sure, he's over there", I pointed to where Albus was ironically talking to Adult Albus. James scowled "She means our other son", I nearly laughed at that "omg I didn't know you had another son!", Tom chuckled behind me and I just smiled innocently. Lily smacked James "enough James, Hadrian can we please speak to you?", she smiled hopefully but I couldn't help remember all the awful things she'd done. "And the Vamp" James added with a look of disgust that was wiped away with another smack in the head "And Tom?".

I didn't trust them for two seconds but I was also curious at why they wanted to speak to Tom. I looked up to him and he moved to rest his head near my ear, "it's up to you love", he whispered. By now the hall had long since been quiet to listen to the conversation, I turned back to them "Fine but make it quick we have DADA". I turned to look at our group "we will be fine, could you tell Mooney and Pads that we will be late", with a nod they all left with the twins being dragged. The Perfect family told us to follow them, so I linked hands with Tom as he wrapped an arm around my waist. We walked to their office and as soon as the door shut James exploded. "Did you get engaged to a Vampire without our blessing!", anger was all I felt towards the sperm donor in front of me. "Woah! First off you have no right over me so I wouldn't need your permission, Second what is your insane obsession with Tom being a Vampire?!".

"Because I am your father and he's obviously using you for your looks and blood!", I felt my anger like an electric shock through my body. "YOU are not MY father and you NEVER will be, and Tom would never use or hurt me!", I felt Tom's arms slink around my waist and I leaned into the calming touch. "So you're not mated", it was more a statement then a question, Lily looked relieved and James looked smug. I felt Tom's fangs graze my neck and my breath increased slightly "Not yet", he smirked and kissed my neck. "NOT EVER!", James yelled, while grabbing my arm and trying to pull me out of Tom's grip.

Tom growled, pulling me out of James's grip, to his chest. James's hazel eyes turned to a dark brown and a huge pair of antlers emerged, before I could register what was happening Tom was in front of me with his red eyes and fangs out.

* Tom's POV *
I stared into James's eyes, is he seriously challenging me. I waited for him to make a move, when his first came hurtling towards me, with I dodged it and made sure to gently push Hades to the wall behind me. He threw another and I grabbed his hand, slowly crushing the bones in his hand. In a blind rage his lunged antlers into my arm, which pierced a layer of my skin, I heard Hadrian whimper behind me and I knew I was done with fighting the fool. I threw a punch at his jaw with my good arm and he was knocked onto the floor, lily ran over to him and I used my speed to run to my a kitten. His eyes were pooling with tears, his ears were flat against his head and tail was around his thigh. I picked him up and sat on the floor, with him on my lap, I wiped his tears and he hugged me tight.

"Shhhh, I'm sorry I scared you", I ran my hand through his hair and ears while whispering calming words until he had calmed down. He began to purr when Sirius opened the door followed by Madam Pomfrey. Sirius laughed at James who was sat in the corner with a bloody jaw "WHAT MADE YOU THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO CHALLENGE A VAMPIRE FOR HIS MATE!", Pomfrey yelled only making Sirius laugh more.

"Come on you two, I assume your both okay to come back to class?", I nodded to Sirius one of the benefits of quick healing I suppose. I picked my kitten up and walked to DADA class, when we got there I sat down with Hadrian on my lap much to many boys envy and looked towards the board that read 'Bogarts'.