Chapter 20

Aristotle POV

Natsu seemed off today when I talked to him this morning at his locker. I mean he talked to me and smiled but I could tell. 

Even at lunch. I tried to ask Naomi but she said she didn't notice anything and that he would figure it out by himself. I'll let him be for a few days and ask if he still is off. 

I looked at him as we sat on the bleachers at the baseball diamonds after school. He was looking at the field quietly. 'Can I borrow your notebook to copy some notes' I signed. He did move his gaze over and nodded before looking back at the field. 

I smiled a bit and unzipped his bag and grabbed his notebook accidentally taking out something with it. I go to put it back and stop looking at it. Surgery. I slowly looked up and tapped on his shoulder. "Hey. Don't touch that" he said yanking it out of my hands. "Your going to have surgery?" I asked. "No I can't afford it," he said shaking his head. 

"Well? I can help you how much is it?" I asked. "I said no!" he said loudly. That took me back a bit. Was he crying. "H-hey I didn't mean to" I said. "If I can hear would it be different?" he asked looking up at him. I felt my heart break seeing his face. "What? No never" I said. "You only stuck around because you felt bad, I'm right aren't I" he said. "Natsu" I said taking his hands. "I would've talked to you if you could hear. I tried to before I knew you were deaf," I said. 

"I love you" I said holding his hands tighter. He looked at me after I said that. "Don't say that" he said shaking his head. "But I do. I think I always have. Please just don't cry," I said letting go of his hand and wiped his tears with my thumb. 

I smiled at him and lifted his head a bit leaning in till our lips collided.