Chapter 2 : Mr. Intimidating

I was just standing there for a few minutes, gawking at this ridiculously gorgeous man. His smirk grows even wider and I force myself to snap out of it. I accept his offered hand and try to smile. ''Hi. Rory Warren. Nice to meet you.'' My hand is shaking and I think he notices it too because he looks at it and then back into my eyes with that secret smile playing on his lips.

''I know,'' he simply says and goes past me into the flat. I was still standing at the door, probably looking like an idiot, but I wanted to pull myself together before I embarrass myself even further. I close the door and turn around to see he was heading to the kitchen.

''Yeah, why don't you come in and make yourself at home?'' I call after him before I even have a chance to think about it. I widen my eyes and curse my big mouth.

I heard his deep chuckle that made everything in me tighten and my heart beat faster. ''Don't worry, I will!'' I hear him call right back with a hint of a smile in his tone.

I start to walk in the direction he went, but I soon change my mind when I realise I'm still wearing only a towel. Just my luck to see him coming out of the kitchen. He stops at the door and looks at me. ''Do you want some coffee?''

''No, thank you.'' I look at the floor. ''I'll just go put some clothes on.'' When he doesn't respond, I turn around and start walking to my room. I could feel his eyes on me on the way there, making me self-conscious again, but I didn't turn around. I wish for the second time that the towel would be longer.

I close my door in the room and lean on it, breathing hard. I need to pull my grip together. I don't want him thinking I'm some idiot who can't even make a normal sentence.

I quickly search for some jeans and a white shirt, throw it on and go to the bathroom to at least make myself look decent. When I spot myself in the mirror, I want the ground to swallow me. My hair is a mess on top of my head, some hair fell out of my bun and were curling because of steam, my cheeks are flushed, my whole face is glowing and my eyes are bright.

I release my hair and brush it so they fall down my back in waves, I splash my face with cold water and head out.

I find Braden sitting in the kitchen with a coffee mug in his hand and a stack of papers in front of him. When he hears me enter, he lifts his head and looks at me. He softly smiles and I am completely frozen and mesmerised for a few seconds before I return the smile. I quickly look away and he goes back to reading his paperwork.

I don't know what should I do with myself so I make myself busy with making a cup of tea for myself. I don't know if Braden even wants me to be here. He seems to have some work to do. Besides, I don't even know what we would talk about. Brooke never mentioned that he was coming here. I wish she would at least warned me beforehand.

God, this is so awkward. After some minutes of painful silence, my tea was ready and I want to go in the living room to watch some TV before I start preparing for work. I grab my mug when Braden's voice stops me, ''Why don't you sit down for a while?'' I didn't even realise he shoved his papers away and was leaning back in his chair, studying me.

I clear my throat and look away. ''Sure, why not,'' I mumble to myself and sit opposite him. I feel his eyes follow my every movement and I was doing a fine work avoiding his look, instead busying myself with playing with my mug.

''So, Rory ...'' he starts and I am forced to lift my head and look at him. He is already watching me. God, I instantly become a sucker for his eyes. They were so dark and had that playful glint in them. They easily become my favourite thing on him. ''How old are you?'' I shake my head out of my thinking. I want to pinch myself for even going there. I take a deep breath and look down at my mug again.