𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

EP 33: Race to one and fear none

__________________

Timestamp: 2 days: 16 hours: 34 minutes: 20 seconds before Cha Haerin's death

Heeseung's 

"Do you have a plan?"
I asked Jake as the both of us left the conference hall. He was walking straight, not even looking back to me.

"I think I know who did this but I don't think I can locate them immediately."
we reached the parking lot, he halted in front of his car and looked at me.

"Can you perhaps trace the records of those who left the country using the water ports? I'll send you five profiles, contact me if you find any of them. I'll try to trace those who will go to the Airlines."

I can't understand this.

Am i way too away that i missed everything?

"Wait for a second, Mr. Shim."
I held his arm before he open the door of his car and looked at him sternly.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Huh?"

"Why are you doing this for Haerin? As far as i can recall, You don't give a flying fvck about her months ago, Now you are the one leading her search operation? I don't quite understand your logic, Jake."
he shook his head and sighed.

"It's not the time to discuss about that Mr. Lee."
he waved his shoulder, Taking my hands off from his arm and opened the door of his car.

"But-"

"Ms. Cha is my responsibility."
He sternly looked at me before starting the engine of his car.

"Cha Haerin is mine."

Uhmmm....

what the fvck?

__________________

Third Person's

Jake drove his car as fast as he could, arriving on a specific location after a couple of minutes.

"Open the gate."
He looked at the camera in front of the gate of the Shim's Mansion. The guard who was sleeping on his post took a glance on the monitor, his body seems like it took a screenshot with a huge flinch after he saw Jake's piercing glare from the other side of the camera.

"At once, Mr. Shim!"
The guard pressed the button to open the large gate of the mansion. Jake drove his car inside, stopping the car in front of the main entrance and rushing towards the second floor.

He reached the office of his dad, opening the unlocked door without even bothering to knock.

"Where the hell is that old man?"
The room was empty, no one was inside except for his sister, Jessica that was sitting on the sofa while looking at him.

"Why did you came here?"

"I asked first. Where is he?"

"You mean Dad?"

"Obviously. Who do you thought I was looking for? Grandpa's ashes?"

"Uhmm, yeah?"
Jake rolled his eyes amd clicked his tongue.

"I don't have time to spare with your nonsense shits Jessica. Tell me where that old man is or I'll crush your head here."
Jessica just laughed at him and stood up from the sofa.