[ thirteen ]

It was so deadly silent the next morning, a glorious Saturday, in the Hufflepuff basement that the girls could faintly hear the music strumming away in the commons from the little yellow record player sat next to the fireplace

The girls usually wake up late on Saturdays... well, most of Hufflepuff wakes up late on Saturdays. Not just a little sleep in late, but missing breakfast late. The late where they spend a good period of time walking a thin line between asleep and awake; resting their eyes as their thoughts wander softly through their heads, resting their bodies on their sides or their stomachs under the fluffy comforters of their beds.

Evelyn sits up to stretch her body as much as she can at 9:40. Breakfast ran until 10 on weekends and she had some sleuthing to accomplish today so she immediately gets herself out of bed and starts getting ready for the day.

She comes out of the bathroom to see the rest of her dorm mates up and sluggishly moving in some sort of way.

Julia passes by her to take her turn in the restroom. "Mornin'," she greets groggily.

"Morning," Evelyn says.

Nell yawns and reaches her arms above her head as far as she can, her back audibly cracking with her wrists. "How'd you sleep?" She asks Evelyn once her dark haired friend returns to her bed.

Evelyn shrugs, "Fine."

She was still upset about last night.

George and Fred don't keep secrets from her and she doesn't from them (obviously we know that's bullocks, but let's suppose that's different). However, the fact they wouldn't tell her what was in that letter, with help from their brothers and Harry no less, not only upset her, but it irritated her. Nell noticed as soon as she came back in and tried to ease her through it.

Evelyn ended up scream groaning into her pillow and then falling asleep an hour later.

"You still upset?" Nell asks a little more quietly.

Evelyn shrugs again. "I suppose I'll know once I see them." She pulls on a pair of light mum-jeans. "If I get the urge to either yell at them or go off and cry with Myrtle, I'll know the answer."

"Hmm," Nell nods, unsure of what else to say.

"All yours, Ellie," Julia calls as she leaves the mahogany side door wide open with the lights on.

Eleanor looks at Evelyn once more as she pulls on a charcoal grey Metallica t-shirt Robby's sister had given her over a tight black turtleneck. " M'kay, thanks Julia."