Cheerful- Anakin Skywalker

I collapsed onto the sofa with a heavy sigh and put my hands over my face

I collapsed onto the sofa with a heavy sigh and put my hands over my face. It had been an unsuccessful day of work at the senate. Padmé and I were doing our best but the senate was close to approving a fund to provide more troops. Such a bill would only keep the war going on longer.

I hear the sound of doors opening and closing but I did not open my eyes to see who it was.

"I need to be left alone for a moment, please," I said softly. I hated to be rude, but I really needed a minute.

Being a senator was an honor and I wouldn't trade it for the world, but it was almost one of the most stressful and difficult jobs in the galaxy.

"Are you sure you want me to leave?"

My eyes shot open at the sound of that voice and I sat up. "Ani!" I leapt of the couch and ran into his arms. "When did you get back?"

The padawan looked just as handsome as he had when he left last month.

"Just this morning," Anakin replied with a grin. "I heard your speech. It was very moving."

I smiled right back, grateful for the compliment. "I'm glad you think so," I responded. "But I'm afraid it wasn't enough to convince the senate."

"When is the vote?" He asked.

"Tomorrow," I answered. The feeling of frustration returned and I released him, settling myself down into the sofa once again. "I don't know what I'm going to do."

"I'll tell you what you're going to do," Anakin replied, kneeling down in front of me. He still had that wide grin on his face. "You are going to relax."

"I can't just relax." I did my best to keep a straight face, but his smile was too infectious and I laughed.

Anakin laughed along with me. "That was easy."

I playfully nudged him, causing him to rock back and fall onto his butt. This simple action made me laugh even more. Somehow, he always knew how to cheer me up.

He stood up and sat down beside me on the couch, so close that our bodies were touching.

Tingles ran through me and I wondered if that feeling would ever go away. I didn't want it to.

"I declare that you take a day off from being senator," Anakin said. He reached up and stroked my hair gently. "Let's spend the day together. Me and you."

"I love that idea," I replied, already feeling better.

~~~~
How would you guys feel if I changed the cover? I've got a few ideas and I can even post them and let you guys let me know if the comments which cover you like best