5.4 The Spoiled B*tch Takes Over the World

Piper condensed ice spikes above the goblins and let them down. She managed to kill about half of the herd with this simple move. She hopped down and used her ice spikes to take the rest of the goblins down leaving only the leader. 

"It's just you and me now baby" Piper looked at the leader who had gotten up from the throne with a sword in its hand. It stared at her with anger and bloodthirst.

"Let me try something different this time" Piper concentrated her magic at the goblin blood this time. She was going to see if she was able to freeze the blood of the goblin. She made sure to freeze the blood near the heart so that he would die faster. The goblin stood still and frowned feeling something weird and cold in its chest.

After using most of her power and energy, Piper managed to bring the goblin leader down. It had taken her a lot of energy to freeze the blood. Her ability wasn't strong enough for this skill to be convenient yet. If she used this in a real battle, she would have no energy to use other skills and the enemy would kill her before she could freeze its blood.

"I have to train more" Piper sighed, but what she didn't know was that it would almost be impossible for normal water mages to freeze the blood of other creatures. Blood was protected by the magi of the creature and was harder to manipulate than normal water molecules. It also required a lot of energy that many mages did not have. The only reason Piper could do it was because of the magic skill she learned from PINK.

She looted the camp and brought back the leader's necklace to prove that she had annihilated the goblin herd. She gave the evidence, mission paper, and her ID to the receptionist. The receptionist looked at Piper with slight surprise. She had cleared a C-rank mission by herself even though she was a new E-rank adventurer. She also came back without any injuries.

"Here is the reward" The receptionist handed Piper 5 gold, "Please wait, we are updating your rank to D-rank"

"Okay" Piper smiled happily. It was quite easy advancing her rank. She could become S-ranked in no time at this rate.

A few minutes later Piper got her ID back and went out of the building with her new money. She sold the goblin loot and went into an inn and paid for a week's stay.

After leaving some of her stuff she went to the market and bought a basic storage ring so that she could carry the stuff more efficiently. It was small and had a cubic meter's worth of space, but it was good enough. When she became richer she would just buy a bigger one.

"Hah... I should have taken more stuff from the duke. I only brought some money." The money she had taken from the duke wasn't much since Briar's allowance was cut after becoming a water mage. This would probably only last her a month.

"Well well, I will just accept more missions. If I am lucky, maybe my man is rich. Then I can take his, hehe" 

It was still day time and Piper was bored so she decided to go to the Purple-wood forest and train her abilities. The Purple-wood forest was located to the west of the capital city and was one of the bigger forests. It was also quite dangerous and filled with high ranked monsters, but this was exactly why she wanted to go there. She wanted to see how strong she was.

She took a caravan and arrived an hour later. The forest was very pretty with purple trees, but there seemed to be a dangerous aura spreading from the forest. In the middle of the forest was a big mountain reaching the skies and surrounded by a thick layer of fog. She had heard from the caravan driver that a big purple dragon lived there and that she should never enter the fog surrounding the mountain. The fog was poisonous and would make you hallucinate. There were also dangerous beasts hiding in the fog who would eat you once you started to hallucinate.