Ignorance Feeds the Sinners

TW: Burn Wounds, Explosions, Mentions of Abuse, Trauma, Panicking (Art Above Belongs to Twitter User @impcraig)

Heavy footsteps bit and stomped on the packing snow below them, the thin, lanky boy quivering as the man approached him. The man wore a white porcelain mask, light blond hair poking over it, a dark green hood concealing the rest of his head. The mask had an ominous smiley face in black marker drawn onto it.

"Tommy," the man grinned under his mask, "I finally found you."

The boy stepped backwards, his footsteps crunching in the snow. He had meant to be out for just a moment under Phil and Techno's noses, but he hadn't meant to, nor wanted to, run into his abuser.

A tidal wave of emotions crashed over the younger, freezing him in his spot. Everything the man had done to him in the several months he was exiled resurfaced instantly as the man stalked closer, pulling a stick of dynamite out of his hoodie pockets.

"Dre-" Tommy began stuttering, calling out the man's name before being abruptly cut short by the man reaching his hand out.

"No. I don't want to hear any more excuses," the taller stared expectantly at the boy, "Just hand me your stuff, Tommy."

He thought he'd escaped from the painful wrath of the blond haired man, but as the hand quickly moved, lighting the dynamite and grabbing the younger's shirt collar, he knew he assumed the best far too soon.

"No please-" Tommy gulped, tears pricking in his eyes as he kicked blindly, "I'll cooperate, I swear! Dream, put the dynamite AWAY! PLEASE! PLEASE!"

The kid's screams got louder as he was forced to watch the stick of dynamite burn out, tears streaming down his face. His forceful kicking did nothing against the stronger man, the smile of the mask teasing him.

"PLE-"

The loud boom echoed into the sky, forcefully shoving Dream away and shoving Tommy into the thick layer of snow. The boy's eyes were forced open in surprise, pupils tiny and foggy.

He thought he could hear someone screaming out his name, but the ringing in his ears wouldn't go away. He tried forcing open his eyelids, his mind racing with thoughts.

I can't hear anything, why is it so dark? Where's Dream? What just happened?

Everything burns. It hurts. So bad. Oh god, it hurts. Where are they? Where's my family? Someone stop the burning, please, help me-

He could faintly hear someone calling his name in the distance as he felt hot tears run down his face.

"Tommy, breathe," a soothing voice began as he felt a hand on his shoulder, "You're not alone. We're here. Breathe."

Tommy listened, panicked eyes darting around as the ringing began to slowly die down. He couldn't open his eyelids, but he trusted the familiar voice. His face felt like it was on fire as the voice spoke again.

"Tommy, it's us, Phil and Tech. Can you hear me?"

A second voice cut in, voice hardly above a murmur, "Phil, we need to find out who-"

"Not now," Phil said softly, "We take care of him first. Toms, do you see anything?"

"N-No," Tommy stammered, trying to look around, "Help me, please. My eyelids won't open, please Dad."

He heard Phil sniffle softly, rubbing the kid's shoulder gently, "Oh Toms. Your eyes are open."

Tommy's heart shattered.

Techno murmured to Phil, his voice full of anger and regret, "The explosion must've blinded him. We need to find who did this."

"Dad, I'm scared."

There was silence before Phil wrapped his arms around his son, whispering kind remarks into ringing ears. Techno watched, eyes full of still tears and a burning hatred for whoever did this. The voices became louder, practically screaming in Techno's ears to help Tommy. They were saying to be a big brother, and to do it for him. So he listened.

"Tommy, we need to cover your face while it's healing. I have something for you that will help," Techno began, sitting down behind Tommy and wrapping bandages around his eyes. He finished it off with an Arctic Empire jacket and hood, smirking.

"You look more threatening," Techno smiled, to which Phil agreed.

"I have to be honest, you really do."

Tommy smiled brightly and felt two pairs of warm arms wrap around him.

It didn't matter that he had run off when he was told not to, it didn't matter that it cost him his vision, or anything along those lines. It didn't matter because they had each other, and they would cope.

As a family.

// A/N: Let me know if you'd like a part two! I kind of want to write a part two where Techno and Phil have taught Tommy how to fight despite being blind and now he's almost as good as a fighter as Techno. They plan to commit "minor terrorism" to L'Manburg, and when they get there, Dream gets to see the damage he's caused Tommy. They maybe fight, stuff will happen. :) Also, credits to @impcraig on twitter for the pog comic! Art above is theirs! \\