Chapter 4

Yangyang adjusted his jean jacket as he exited Hendery's car, following the older male onto the street where people were gathering.

Ten had a smile on his face as he stood by his car, chatting with the racers that were there to watch his race.

Ten wasn't a rookie and the people in the street racing scene knew that. When news got around that Ten would be racing tonight instead of Yangyang, everyone seemed to make sure that they could get a front row seat.

"Ah, what a popular guy." Hendery chuckled from beside Yangyang as they stayed at the edge of the crowd, finding it pointless to push through just to talk to their friend that they spent all day with.

"Like you can talk." Yangyang replied, giving Hendery a light nudge. "The exact same thing happens whenever you race."

"Not my fault my dad made a mark where he used to race here." Hendery said with a wink just as Yangyang noticed some girls approaching them.

Yangyang looked away, not really wanting to interact with them. The street races brought along a lot of girls dressed in too little clothing and had no interest in cars. They only came in hopes of going home with one of the racers, an idea that disgusted Yangyang.

His friends were no different and Yangyang caught sight of Hendery trying to peel a girl that was adament on attaching herself to his arm.

"Hey." A girl said, slipping in front of him. Her make up was smudged and the dress she wore was too short for Yangyang's liking. The alcohol smell coming off her didn't help either.

You have got to be kidding me, Yangyang thought as he crossed his arms, trying his best to look as hostile as possible.

Luckily, it seemed as though Ten had noticed, calling him over. "Baby Yangyang, come here!"

"Gotta go." Yangyang said, moving towards Ten and away from the girl.

Yangyang stuck his tongue out at Hendery who was shooting a glare, probably wondering why Ten had only called Yangyang and not him.

Well, he can deal with the girls on his own, Yangyang thought as he joined Ten's side, his friend wrapping an arm around him.

"You know, I'm not your baby. I'm a full grown adult." Yangyang said, giving Ten a look but he waved it off.

"You'll stop being a baby when you stop using my car." Ten said, beginning to check his car to make sure it was good for the race.

Ten's race was simple, whoever gets to the other side of the city wins. The problem wasn't the race though, it was what was on the line.

A big street racer had seen a few of Ten's race and was adament of facing him. Ten had rejected him a few times, but when he offered a large amount of cash if Ten won, it was something Ten couldn't refuse. The only problem was that Ten couldn't match it, so he had to put his car on the line.

A part of Yangyang felt bad, knowing that Ten could easily be earning so much more money if he didn't let Yangyang race with his car all the time. But Ten took care of Yangyang like he was his younger brother, more focused on making sure Yangyang was able to learn the ways of street racing.

"Nervous?" Yangyang asked as Ten finished up, giving his opponent a smirk before getting into the driver seat.

"Not really, I've seen a few of his races." Ten said, only loud enough for Yangyang to hear. "He's got nothing on me."

One thing Yangyang had noticed that Ten would never be part of a race that he wasn't confident in and made sure Yangyang did the same. There were many instances when Ten had to cut Yangyang off from agreeing to a race, claiming that Yangyang was too new to know any better.