seventeen

After getting kidnapped by Jesse and his friends, my parents came to the house about 10 minutes after he had dropped me off

My mom's patient had given birth to a baby boy. The mood in our house for the day was somber and gloomy, to say the least. When the baby was born, the room was completely silent. The baby hadn't been crying.

He was stillborn.

No one really knows how this could've happened. My heart aches for Mrs.Leslie and her husband.

My mom had somehow felt the stillbirth was her fault and she felt that it was her duty to stay and comfort the family as they were grieving.

Not really the best way to move into September.

I was sitting in my English class with Paola as we were both talking about an episode of The Masked Singer. We both mutually agreed on the fact that Jesse McCartney deserved to win the latest season hands down.

It's probably the obsession we had over him during his 'beautiful soul' era but his vocals were just unmatched and If I could demand a recount for those votes I totally would.

It's not even just us. Ryan agreed with us as well and he actually recorded a five-minute video that he prepared to send to the Fox network as to why Jesse McCartney was robbed.

It's still so unbelievable to me that this man is apart of a gang. I just know Paola is gonna hate me if it comes out and I or Ryan didn't tell her.

Speaking of Ryan, he walked into class and came straight to our table holding a cup of Starbucks, most likely that dragonfruit drink that Paola likes so much.

He looks at the whole class since the entire class is up and talking. He then turns to the front where the teacher's desk was to see that she wasn't there.

"Warren isn't in class?" he asks causing Paola and I to shake our heads as she is sticking the straw into the cup of her new drink.

He smirks and drops his bag near Paola's feet and moves to walk to the chalkboard and teacher's desk at the front.

He grabs the long wooden ruler at the front of the room near the entrance and then runs back over to me grabbing my hardshell glasses case that stored my reading glasses. Opening the case, he plops the glasses onto his face and then squints, sucks his teeth, and rips them off saying, "Did you know that you can't see?" he holds the glasses in his hands now in front of him almost as if he's inspecting it "These are so strong it's gonna blind me. Take them back." he outs them back in its case as Paola howls in laughter, covering her mouth and patting her chest as she almost chokes.

He runs back to the front with his ruler and hits the top half of it up against the chalkboard three times, startling the people in the classroom.

Then in a high-pitched voice, he says, "Why, good morning my dear lovers of literature!" the whole class begins to laugh when we realize he's imitating our teacher.